For every successful team, there's a Project Manager: the organizational and operational whiz who ensures that everyone has what they need to deliver on time. Project Managers are able to simultaneously work backwards and forwards, creating release plans, building delivery roadmaps and establishing the inclusive dynamics that a team needs to succeed. In addition to impacting Thoughtworkers, Project Managers also extend their collaborative mindset to the client, making sure that T's are crossed and I's are dotted to keep the road to delivery clear.
- You will coordinate all project workstreams and encourage all team members to participate in decision making
- You will support and inspire incredibly talented delivery teams while discussing problems, risks, results and progress of the project
- You will create and oversee release plans for iterative and incremental delivery of value and be accountable for iteration planning, tracking, reporting, delivery scope, prioritization, estimates, risks, and financials for the client engagement
- You will bring innovative and fresh ideas to project management, pushing the boundaries of how project managers can deliver exceptional business value
- Orchestrate the design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Establish a delivery roadmap and plans that support the client's business strategies and objectives
- Facilitate a group of intelligent, talented, and opinionated professionals who work together as a team and ensure a healthy project environment for people, boosting team performance
- Establish an effective relationship with the client, including mediating disagreements in order to maintain the health and productivity for everyone involved
- Ensure that the Thoughtworks team delivers what the customer is expecting and be a coach and provide feedback, directing the development of each team member
- You have ample experience managing enterprise projects with end-to-end responsibility of project delivery
- You're comfortable with release planning, estimation, capacity planning, proposal building, contract negotiation and managing project financials
- An understanding of various software development approaches (traditional, agile and etc) and have the ability to consult clients on the best approaches applicable to their scenarios
- You like the idea of a flat hierarchy and enjoy facilitating and organizing sessions to promote collaboration
- Bonus points if you've project managed distributed or co-located teams
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don't shy away from risks, instead you take them on and skillfully manage them
- You are seen as a coach and mentor, taking the time to motivate others and influence teammates to take positive action and accountability for their work
- You're a natural leader with a track record of encouraging teammates in their professional development and relationships
- Cultivating strong partnerships comes naturally to you: you understand the importance of relationship building and how it can bring new opportunities to our business
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and it's one of our core values. Here at Thoguhtworks, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.