At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
We are looking for an experienced MSc in Electrical Engineering (Electronics), Telecommunications Engineering or similar discipline with a strong background in electronics design and verifiable experience in the design, development and validation of complex electronic circuits and systems.
- Master’s (or PhD) degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of verifiable experience in design, development and validation of complex circuits in at least two of the following disciplines: Digital, Analog, Power Electronics.
- Cadence Allegro Design Entry schematics capture (or equivalent tool).
- Experience with simulation tools: PSpice, Matlab, Simulink, PSIM
- Basic programming skills (C and/or scripting languages).
- Design for Functionality, Usability, Reliability, Performance and Supportability
- Design for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) compliance according to worldwide regulations.
- Strong analytical decision making and problem solving skills.
- High level of initiative with an ability to plan and manage tasks autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one’s own group.
- High level of initiative with an ability to plan and manage tasks autonomously
- Open minded to quickly adapt his/her strategy to changing environments with fuzzy specifications.
- Experience leading electronics subsystem development
- Experience in development through design outsourcing.
- Familiar with high volume manufacturing processes and design for manufacturing guidelines.
- Experience in design and development of high speed digital systems.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies in computer busses, memory subsystems, high speed communication links, etc.
- Knowledge of signal integrity and PCB analysis and simulation tools (HyperLynx, etc.).
Key duties and responsibilities
Main responsibilities will include the design, development and verification of electronic subsystems and PCAs for the large format printers developed in Barcelona. The candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary development team located both in Barcelona and other international locations, working towards common and technically challenging objectives.
Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Identify and compile applicable design requirements.
- Select design alternatives based on analysis of specifications.
- Collaborate with system architects and representatives of other disciplines in the definition of the electronics subsystem architecture.
- Design, develop, debug, verify and document digital and/or electronics circuitry for large format printers.
- Design and implement test plans as required to validate electronic designs.
- Document the owned designs and handover documentation to the production team.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal and outsourced development partners, regarding design status, project progress and issue resolution.
- May act as a team or project leader for moderately-complex subsystems.
- Research future trends on his/her area of responsibility.