Birchbox Spain is looking for a Key Account Manager to join our Brands Team.
Why are Key Account Managers important to Birchbox?
Our Key Account Manager team are the force behind our mission at Birchbox- without them, we would not be able to give consumers a personalized way to discover and shop for new beauty products. The KAM are our first touch point with brands, creating strategic sampling partnerships and merchandising compelling assortments of products for our shop. Overall, they grow partnerships with beauty brands and create a best-in-class assortment of products for our customers
The team works collaboratively to communicate the company’s products and services to brands and negotiate terms of engagement with them. Accounts’ Team members work with brands to understand their priorities and create an impacting marketing campaign and retail assortment on our platform.
The team is made up of individuals with strong sales ability, excellent analytical skills, marketing mindset, critical thinking capabilities, exemplary communication skills, ambitious and relentless spirit and superb negotiation skills. Objective driven.
Key Account Manager at Birchbox will:
- Manage and optimize an existing portfolio of brands.
- Successfully pitch and launch new brands. Identify "strategic" brand partners and build new relationships through research, networking, cold-calling, and outreach.
- Full ownership over day-to-day account management including pitching, negotiation, conflict resolution, and reporting
- Have a strong understanding of the Birchbox value proposition and key metrics
- Project Manage brand campaigns with Marketing, Social and Editorial teams
- Negotiate terms of engagement for Birchbox with Brand partners, with focus on planning long-term deals
- Understand brands’ marketing priorities and work with other functions to build compelling marketing campaigns for brands
- Develop Brand partners’ assortment on our shop to deliver the best experience for our customers as well as Brand partners maximizing ROI and sales
- Record, report and analyze outreach and brand partnership performance to inform future outreach, ability to set short & long-term goals for large-scale partnerships
- Make sure all plans are deployed accordingly to secure Brand operations and sales activity
- Find innovative ways to approach companies and identify opportunities of development, training and anything related to make Birchbox grow
- Build robust product knowledge (category level, brand level, product level). Thorough knowledge of brand and product portfolio
- Understanding & predicting trends
- Competitive analysis
- Industry & market knowledge
- Online expertise and know how
A successful Key Account Manager candidate has:
- 2-3+ years in a commercial account management role
- A love for beauty and an eye for great products
- Strong background in selling and negotiating complex deals with proof of meeting targets in past roles
- Ability to build strong relationships with both brands and cross-team members internally
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills a must
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and excitement in an ever-changing environment
- Strategic and creative thinker with advanced problem-solving skills; can think on their feet.
- Past experience selling to the beauty and cosmetics industry sector marketing services or other types of products and or fashion industry.
- Highly valuable if the candidate has already a vast list of contacts in the industry amongst key decision makers
- Highly ambitious, self-motivated / takes initiative.