Connecting millions of mobile devices with hundreds of advertisers, our global platform handles hundreds of thousands of requests per second and collects Terabytes of information relevant for business, production and monitoring. You see, we are juggling with big numbers on a daily basis. ;)
Becoming part of our highly professional IT Operations team, you would also become in charge of the systems that store and process these amounts of data and make sure that they scale with our growth.
- Maintain and develop our highly automated server landscape with ~ 200 servers and a plethora of open source services
- Scale our systems and ensure the availability of our services together with other system engineers and database administrators
- Change our views with your expertise when joining cross-functional teams and implement changes to the infrastructure required by new features and products
- Accelerate us with automation and auto provisioning of our production platform (Mesos, Docker, chef, puppet etc.)
- Support the move of our platform to the Cloud (AWS)
- Drive for discovery, prioritization, and resolution of IT Projects
- Grow by tackling technological challenges of an infrastructure currently handling up to 350k requests per minute via Tomcat, Java, HAProxy etc.
- Take part in the on-call rotation to ensure flawless operation of our products
- Impress us when handling critical situations (incidents) in a professional manner
This is what we expect from you to bring with:
- University degree (BS or MS) in computer science, related engineering fields or equivalent experience.
- +2 years of experience in IT Operations of high-available applications
- Cloud Systems experience preferable AWS and automation are a plus
- Good knowledge of Linux (CentOS preferred), webservers (nginx/Apache), Cloud Computing, Virtualization
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, Perl, shell, bash ...)
- Experience with security, high availability, big data solutions, storage systems are nice to have
- Basic experience with configurations management (chef/puppet)
- Detail oriented with perspective thinking towards making architectural decisions
- Willingness to learn and grow in the above mentioned topics
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
What we do:
Fyber is a leading mobile advertising technology company. We are devoted to solving the fundamental business challenge faced by freemium app and game developers, generating sustainable revenue streams through ad monetization across all connected devices. Built by developers for developers, our unified platform serves over 500+ million monthly active users worldwide and empowers our customers to integrate, manage and optimize all ad revenue sources across mediation, exchange and ad serving. We work with thousands of the world’s leading app developers and publishers, including DeNA, Glu Mobile, GREE, Kik, PikPok, Pixelberry Studios, and Smule. We are investing for the long term to build the platform that will fuel the app economy of the future.
What we offer:
- Learn and grow with some of the best experts in the industry
- Contribute to technically diverse (platforms: Unix, mobile (iOS/Android), C++, Scala, Ruby), highly scalable, open source technologies and hacker friendly projects
- Work with a high-growth, publicly traded company (with over 250 employees in six years) in the heart of Berlin
- Join a friendly, culturally diverse team (+44 nationalities) where people value excellence, team spirit, passion, courage, pragmatism and accountability
- The financial stability of a larger company, but, with all of the perks of a cool Berlin start-up like food/drinks (Beer Fridays), laid back culture, and fab office space