The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.
Look At The BSC Experience
BSC-CNS YouTube Channel
BSC-CNS Corporate Video
Let's stay connected with BSC Folks!
Context And Mission
The Accelerators and Communications for HPC team leads cutting-edge research and development around accelerators/coprocessors in HPC. We collaborate closely with the two major accelerator/coprocessor vendors for HPC: NVIDIA and Intel. While we run the BSC/UPC NVIDIA GPU Center of Excellence, we also collaborate with the Intel-BSC Exascale Lab. activities. We organize locally international events such as the PUMPS Summer School, PATC Courses on CUDA/OpenACC, and the Annual BCS/UPC HPC Hackathon, and collaborate in the organization of related international conferences and workshops such as SC or AsHES. We are also involved in low-level networking and MPI R&D.
- To work on development and tuning of support for guided and automatic data distribution for heterogeneous memory systems
- To assist on the production of scientific papers
- To attend project meetings and present/discuss the performed developments
- To assist users of the developed software
- BS in Computing Engineering
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Good knowledge of the C programming language
- Fluent English
- 0-1 year of heterogeneous memory middleware development
- Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Professional experience related to programming models and/or runtime systems
- Srong interest in working on software development
- Interest in collaborating with reputed international researchers and developers
- The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Temporary
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: Day after current contract of Muhammad Owais finishes
All Applications Must Include
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references - COMPULSORY - Applications without this document will not be considered
- A full CV including contact details
The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
Barcelona Supercomputing Center company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.