Our purpose is to provide every reliable CEO with equal access to business opportunities. Opportunity Network is the peer-to-peer network for executives and investors to post and connect to trace, fundraising, investment and M&A deals.
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about technology to add to and grow within our tech team.
The stack currently being used in most services consists of Linux, Nginx, MySQL and Python. For the front-end: Vue.JS, Vuetify and some legacy Django templates, jQuery and Bootstrap. Other services in our infrastructure are built with Luigi, Pandas, NumPy, NLTK and other ML/Data technologies.
The developer is expected to participate in ongoing projects/sprints as well as new ones that are at the planning and design stages. The ideal candidate is a fast learner that can pick up the main concepts in a short time, humble enough to learn from their teammates and take ownership of their own code.
- Attend daily stand-ups meetings, participate in sprints, update tasks status in sprint boards.
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable and extensible code while following the proper design principles, conventions and code ownership.
- Learn from teammates/supervisors about the existing projects.
- Brainstorm on new features being designed.
- Participate in code reviews and write functional / unit tests.
- Spend some time optimizing and perfecting the performance of the solutions.
- Proper documentation of new and legacy code.
- Maintain existing projects, update old features and occasionally debug code.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- High learning curve.
- Humility/ability to take feedback
- Communication skills
- Requirements Valid EU work visa.
- Fluent in English.
- 1+ years of experience in a high-level programming language.
- Experience with MVC/MVT frameworks and REST APIs.
- A computer science, Engineering or equivalent degree is required.
- Good knowledge of relational databases.
- Good knowledge of Vue.JS.
- Good knowledge of MySQL.
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Paradigms.
What we offer
- A thrilling young and dynamic working environment with an international and multicultural team of +40 nationalities;
- €27,000 / Base Salary + Corporate Bonus
- Stock options after 1 year of employment;
- Flexible work from home or work from home policy. (You decide whatever you want to do);
- The opportunity to contribute to economic global growth and shape the company culture of Opportunity Network.