eBay’s EEC Product Development team is based in Madrid and is part of the global Core Product and Technology team. We enable commerce at scale, and have massive customer impact. Whilst doing all this, we are on a mission to improve eBay technology, drive agile adoption and demonstrate customer-centric development targeted towards our customers in Spain, Italy, France and other parts of Europe. While focused on local market needs we also contribute to eBay’s global product and technology portfolio. To do this, we improve existing experiences, build or extend core products and experiment with new innovations to make the lives of eBay customers better.
We are continually striving for the highest quality, and work in small focused teams following bits of Scrum, bits of Kanban, with a healthy dose of Extreme Programming (p.s. these aren't buzzwords, we mean it when we say we do this stuff).
Our cross-functional teams have Product Management, all aspects of Product Development (including DevOps and Test), and UX all working together every day. We are collocated with eBay’s EEC business teams and closely interact with our European customers and other eBay teams on a daily basis.
Working at eBay is a rewarding, challenging and inspiring experience.
So, what type of Engineer are we looking for?
- You are skilled at building high availability, scalable applications and RESTful APIs. You are open to discussing your approach with peers, and willing to take feedback.
- We love people with diverse experience who are committed to learning and moving things forward with an obsession for delivering customer value through the craft of software development. Show us your github repo, side projects, and open source repositories that you have contributed to!
- Our developers decide the right tool for the job, so you should be comfortable doing this too. We have a lot fun discussing the merits of different technology and we want you to join and lead these conversations.
- You care about test-driven, clean code, delightful user experiences and all the lovely stuff that's involved with automatically tested, continuously deployed applications. You will enjoy pair programming on pretty much everything.
- Having a desire to expand and master something new while collaborating with others means you're a good fit for us.
- You are highly proficient in English and in one or more among Spanish, Italian, French .
What do we offer?
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, Australia, the USA and globally.
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and brand new office facilities modern, tech-rich office building equipped with 500 devices ready to connect across five continents and 16 countries in Dreilinden, close to Berlin Wannsee.
- An opportunity to build applications which are used by your friends, neighbors and family in addition to millions of people globally.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.