Simudyne empowers organisations to understand every decision they make. Our technology allows modellers and strategists to build the world from the bottom up. A high-fidelity virtual environment to run every possible version of the future at scale. We call it amplified intelligence.
We are rapidly expanding our London office to keep up with the demands of developing technology which has never before existed. We’re looking for people who are comfortable approaching new problems every day and want to join our mission.
We're not short of challenging problem domains to tackle; providing users with best-in-class tools to represent their mental models, distributing their computations seamlessly across clusters, automating exploration of their models, and displaying the output clearly and intuitively.
To help us deliver this vision, we are looking for a talented individual to join our business development team as we explore the health and life sciences sector. As a Simulation Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting tech start-up, providing mission critical solutions to leading global healthcare organisations. You will leverage your experience to help create new market opportunities for the Simudyne SDK, work closely with major international healthcare and pharmaceutical firms to drive adoption, and contribute significantly to Simudyne’s product strategy and roadmap.
1. Provide customer-facing technical support and subject matter expertise to sales team
• Act as subject matter expert during pre-sales engagement with prospects
• Demonstrate the Simudyne SDK and work through use case scenarios with prospects
• Work with quant/precision medicine teams at existing customers to drive adoption by new users/models
• Support sales process through timely response to customer queries
• Support channel partner in co-sell activities
• Provide training to quant and development teams at customers and channel partners
2. Ensure that the needs of users are appropriately captured, prioritized and integrated into the product development process
• Facilitate customer feedback loop into the Product and Engineering teams
• Deep interaction with customers to understand and validate pain points
• Prioritize and size market opportunities and product enhancement requests
• Provide subject matter expertise and input to product strategy and roadmap
3. Develop demonstration models and provide modelling support to customers and partners
• Provide support to customer quant teams to build their models on the Simudyne SDK, primarily during formal pilots and up-sell opportunities
• Position yourself as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to key quants at customers in order to drive adoption and usage
• Work with the Simudyne engineering team to develop a library of strategic use case models and ‘canned’ demonstrations to assist in sales and promotional activities
• Work closely with strategic partners to support integration of their models to the Simudyne SDK
4. Support product marketing activities and demonstrate thought
leadership in the field of simulation for health and life sciences
• Provide subject matter expertise and input for sales and marketing collateral
• Contribute to white papers, articles, blogs and other thought leader content
• Participate on relevant social media channels in support of brand promotion
• Degree in Biological/Biomedical Sciences
• Relevant experience could have been gained in research in the biological/biomedical sciences and or in the healthcare industry
• Hands-on experience of building models
• Knowledge or experience of agent-based modelling
• Experience in at least one programming language e.g. Python, R, Java, Scala, C, C++
• Comfortable explaining deeply technical concepts to senior business heads or quantitative and technology experts at customers and partners
• Desire to work in an open, collaborative and high-performance environment