allpago was voted “Top 10 Global Late-Stage Startup 2016” by Money20/20, and is the only PSP Provider listed in Gartner’s Report. allpago develops and provides the leading payment solutions for the Latin American region enabling global digital companies and other payment providers to process all local payment methods. We serve BMW, Getty Images, McAfee, Salesforce, Symantec, Teamviewer and leading providers such as ACI, Paysafe, PayPal, Wirecard and Zuora in LATAM. Until today we managed to grow organically without investors, and now we are building our team for the next growth stage.
As support for our business we are looking for a talented and passionate Java Development Engineer for our Berlin office. Within this role you will work in a cutting edge agile software development environment to ensure the quality of the architecture and development of our software applications.
Our flagship product is built with CDI (w/ Weld). And we build the supporting microservices with Spring Boot. Our code deploys to AWS: to Elastic Beanstalk or to OpsWorks managed EC2 instances directly. We try to use as much of AWS services as possible - we are a small shop doing big things, and we don't spend our time reinventing the wheel.
- Be part of our development team
- Write readable, maintainable Java code
- Write unit test and execute that, to ensure the software meets the intended requirements
- Work closely with product owners to understand product specifics and project requirements
- Drive the constant improvement of our coding and development practices
- Work closely with our other developers as well as the DevOps engineers to continuous deliver and enhance our product
- At least 1 year topic related experience with proven track record, Bachelor's or Master’s degree is a plus. Alternatively, equivalent combination of education and work experience
- You are a hard worker, very willing and keen to learn and achieve results
- Familiarity with Linux systems
- Strong knowledge in Java 8+
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile (Kanban or Scrum) environment is a plus
- Experience working on Cloud computing technologies is a plus
- Good knowledge about REST and HTTP in general is a plus
- Able to write reports/correspondence/procedure manuals, and present information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is a must, German, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
If you are willing to join the Berlin startup scene and to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, please send your cover letter, CV, and academic records to us. If you are eligible, passionate about building long-term business partnerships and deliver results, we will reach out to you!