Paack is an avant-garde technology start-up in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015, and since then, the company has experienced strong global growth and it currently operates in 70 cities across different countries such as Spain, UK, France, and Portugal. Our success is backed by renowned European investors.
We believe the future of e-commerce deliveries is a customer-controlled system that schedules the distribution according to clients’ preferences. Additionally, our approach blends the last mile delivery experience with an environmental-friendly service. Paack wants to establish the combination of the two as the new market standard. Hence, we ensure clients receive their parcels in a time that suits them while contributing to sustainability.
Our product ecosystem was designed in-house allowing both technology and operationality to integrate perfectly, delivering parcels more efficiently. This results in unprecedented outcomes, offering our retail clients a competitive advantage whilst reducing the impact of their carbon footprint. Due to previously mentioned reasons, some of the best retailers (Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Inglés, etc) have chosen Paack as their exclusive partner.
Our team of Paackers is multicultural, multilingual, and highly qualified. We enjoy the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, facing them with ambition. In accordance with our corporate values: We Care, We Thrive, We Innovate, Paack is looking for inspiring people, people who love to grow exceeding expectations, and challenge status quo. Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are multicultural, multilingual, highly qualified, entrepreneurial, and inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition. The engineering team has a flat management structure. The teams are organized by-products. Technical decisions are made as a team taking in the feedback and thought process of the engineers. Team members are free to move between different teams based on the feedback of their team members and the status of their project. Paack’s IT team is full-remote, we work from different locations across the globe in different time zones. We are around 30 people in the dev team and growing.
- we care: about our customers, our team, and want to be a great place to work.
- we thrive: thinking out-of-the-box, loving changes, and growing beyond expectations.
- we innovate: we are not here to do the same, and we are ambitious to arrive further.
What we look for
We are looking for a recent Master Graduate who would like to start a career in Software Engineering. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn from great professionals. Someone who is a good team player, who has good communication skills, and is comfortable working in a full-remote environment.
We are looking for a junior candidate, who has just graduated from Computer Software Engineering or similar.
We value these soft skills:
- empathy: you can put yourself in another person’s shoes.
- patience: you are able to understand some things take time.
- open-mindedness: you are able to receive and process advice, even when you think in a different way.
- adaptability: when things change you are able to go along.
- proactivity: you don’t wait for things to happen.
- creativity & critical-thinking: you take time to think out-of-the-box.
- problem-solving: you know when not to take time to think out-of-the-box and just fix whatever is needed.
- humility: you understand that everybody can make mistakes.
- collaboration and team-work: you understand that the team has different skillsets and you are able to help others with your strengths.
What you will do
You will join a team of gophers who take care of developing backend solutions for a wide range of Paack systems. You will design solutions in a microservices, event-driven architecture. You will help us scale decoupling a Rails monolith into smaller Go services. You will talk with Operations and Product teams to analyze the provided use cases and design their implementation.
We are in sync with the agile principles, in their most original form. We don’t follow any agile framework but pick what’s best for us. We try to automate as much as we can.
- Go, with libraries like testify and chi, and linters such as golangci-lint, and gofumpt.
- PostgreSQL as a database server, via upper.io
- RabbitMQ as a message broker, with protobufs
- gqlgen as GraphQL adapter
- GKE with Istio as a deployment platform for k8s, with Helm.
You can learn about how we have implemented the Hexagonal Architecture for package design, DDD patterns, and CQS in this presentation.
What we offer
- Training and mentoring: we will onboard you and teach you the job!
- a long-term, full-remote contract with immediate incorporation
- a laptop allowance, and other hardware for a good remote work setup
- a competitive salary
- a good budget for self-learning: books, workshops, conferences…
- 23 days’ annual leave
Sounds like a fit? Come and join our success. If you believe you have the capabilities to thrive in this role, then please submit your CV and any accompanying materials by completing the below.
Once we have reviewed your application and suitability, we’ll then be in touch to arrange a call as a next step. After which we’d invite you to visit us and meet the team. We thank you in advance.