Working at Amazon is working at scale. The OpsTechIT team is looking for Software Development Engineers who can help build web solutions for Amazon’s Fulfillment network worldwide.
We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. As a team we actively brainstorm, analyze and discuss creative solutions to hard problems. As a Software Development Engineer, you will collaborate with other experienced and senior engineers to drive improvements to our technology, write code to build new services that enable self-service and automation and do so securely. Your work will help provide the ultimate customer experience needed to anticipate and resolve customer's issues. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners, leadership and other engineers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
As a Software Development Engineer you will:
· Create web services using AWS products and internal tools.
· Continuously strive for operational excellence by seeking to automate away manual processes.
· Participate in original creation and implementation of new functionality that helps us operate our services.
· Ensure that all systems are designed to be robust, scalable, maintainable and adaptable as the service scales and evolves over time.
· Build automation to report on the health of your products and devices and integrate with other Amazon systems
· Uphold a high standard of code quality and engineering excellence.
· 3+ years’ experience as a web development engineer
· Understanding of Linux/UNIX, and deployment using AWS
· Deep knowledge of REST API services
· Proficient in Python Flask framework
· Knowledge of UI/UX development
· Master Degree Computer Science
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
· Eager to learn, enjoy a fast paced environment
· Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
· Vendor management experience
· Ability to drive innovation
· Python application development experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills