For years XING has been one of the leading companies in building user-oriented digital products thanks to an organisation that embraces agile methods in and beyond the cross-functional product development teams. With our strong group of over 45 product people - with a variety of specialisations and a keen interest in collaborating and learning from one another - we actively work to grow our product culture. Thanks to our internal learning mindset, a variety of training courses, exchange with external partners as well as national and international experts, we pursue our vision: For a better working life.
A challenging task
To implement sophisticated yet pragmatic user-facing additions to the XING platform.
Work in a professional, cross-functional team in a mature and highly dynamic agile development environment.
A Junior front-end-focused engineer who is willing to learn and grow and gets the job done.
A convincing background
- Some projects building the frontend part of typical web applications, single page apps or hybrid mobile applications.
- Projects in GitHub/Git.
- Excellence at interacting with empathy and humility, in a technical or non-technical context.
- Fluency in English.
- You’re a team player: know your skills, love to share them, know your boundaries and thrive to learn from and with your team.
- You love to learn and exchange your ideas
- You are comfortable with change, able to fail fast, learn quickly, and be able to adapt to new challenges.
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks.
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”.
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Flexible compensation plan, if you wish to diversify and increase your net salary: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets.
- Spanish / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- 26 + 4 working days of holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop,, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.