We’re a fast growing startup that has already raised close to $8 million in investment from leading venture capital firms, and have been named by Bloomberg as one of 50 most promising startups in the world to look out for. Our goal is to revolutionise the world of Location Intelligence and the way businesses think about, and act upon location intelligence data.
At Geoblink we are proud to say that we use the latest technologies to find solutions to real world problems businesses face when trying to expand their network or improve their distribution process. We leverage GIS technologies and Big Data to create a beautiful map-based user interface that not only provides lots of awesome statistics but also a great user experience. Our systems are built using an SOA approach that allows us to perform multiple deployments per day. We <3 monitoring, pull requests, continuous deployment and automated testing. The trunk of our stack is PostgreSQL, Node.js and Angular running on Azure, but our architecture is language-agnostic. We move fast but put a lot of thought into the design of our architecture so that it's simple and scalable. We write clean, flexible code to produce great software that solves the needs of our clients. You can visit our Tech blog to learn more about the projects and technologies we use at Geoblink.
Who we’re looking to recruit
We’re looking for an Engineer passionate in both DevOps and Sysadmin who loves Linux and hates Windows!😉
If you are the type of Engineer that is motivated to work in a fast-growing startup set to do BIG things then this is the right position for you. We’re looking for someone who is just focused on supporting and monitoring systems, cloud infrastructure and building, releasing and testing systems.
We are a small, collaborative team who love what we do and want to find someone equally as passionate to join us and develop their career further. Working in a startup environment gives us more opportunities than in other companies to learn and improve our skills faster. So if this sounds amazing to you then apply now!
Here is a list of skills we would like you to have:
- Linux Systems Admin experience, we use Ubuntu
- Ability to write Bash scripts, the foundation of most of our infrastructure work
- Knowledge of what SSH, Supervisor and Monit are
- At least 2 years experience as DevOps or Sysadmin
- Extra kudos if you have experience with load balancing, Nginx, the Cloud, Ansible, Jenkins or Docker
- Ability to speak English
What you will be doing
Honestly we are a 3 year old startup so everyday is different, challenging and exciting. If you join us, we imagine that most days you will be working on configuring the different components that Geoblink is built upon, doing all kinds of “DevOps” tasks, monitoring our systems to make sure everything is running as expected and of course, writing bash scripts to execute as scheduled jobs, researching new infrastructure technologies that can help us grow bigger and faster!
Other daily tasks could involve:
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support queries to internal members.
- Taking ownership of user problems, performing technical diagnosis and fixing the issue either remotely or on-site.
- Maintaining user security on all systems.
Approximate salary range: € 28k - 40k.
Perks of the job
We have something called the “zero-policy” which means there are no restrictions on vacation days, office hours, working from home days, etc. We believe everyone here is a “mini-CEO”, and should have the opportunity to make their own decisions about their work schedule.
Everyone at Geoblink is passionate about their job, whether it be increasing businesses ROI or building complex data systems. People join Geoblink not just for the flexibility that we offer but because we have worked hard to foster a great collaborative environment filled with plenty of opportunity to have a real impact in the business and collaborate with some of the best minds in the industry.
- Flexible work schedule or ability to work from home whenever you want.
- Opportunities to learn and grow in your professional career quickly. We are open to use new technologies when they have a positive impact.
- Blameless environment. Whenever we screw up, we try to understand what failed in the process in order to improve it.
- Unlimited coffee, tea, coke to keep you going.
- Chillout space with ping-pong, table football, draft beer, etc.
- Lots of space for you to work in peace so you can produce your best work.
- Awesome offices in the heart of Chamberí.
- And much much more!