TAPTAP, founded in 2010 and headquartered in Madrid, is a technology firm at the epicenter of innovation in adtech and martech. TAPTAP provides location intelligence marketing and advertising solutions in 10 markets within Europe, Africa, N. America, and S. America. Global media agencies and large to mid-market brands leverage TAPTAP’s Sonata technology in over 80 markets for market intelligence and digital advertising solutions.
We are unique because TAPTAP brings together analytics, creativity, innovation, ambitious challenges, and teamwork. Our goal is to link physical and digital marketing. All of it, globally. Since our founding, we take a mobile-centric approach in the development of sophisticated data-driven marketing & advertising solutions that has led us to develop the Sonata platform.
Short Job Description:
We are looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer for our platform product (SONATA) to be part of our growing engineering team. As a Junior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining our services availability, upgrading our system to keep it up to date and evolving it to support the demanding requirements we work with. We work in a technologically complex environment in the cloud and we value over any other capability the motivation to learn fast and autonomously new technologies and processes, as well as being able to find the right solutions to the daily challenges we confront.
Job description & responsibilities:
- As AWS system administrator you will participate in the daily monitoring, management, troubleshooting and issue resolution, including but not limited to: OS, network, hardware, access and security, application servers and log management.
- You will support monitoring, operations and backups of servers and databases hosted by Amazon.
- Continuously improve our visibility into our systems and applications with advanced monitoring, metrics and log analytics.
- Identify root causes of critical problems throughout the platform, and take necessary steps to resolve them.
- Create, and follow up on site incident reports with other members of the engineering team and support them through to resolution.
- Support product deployments to production environment, including migration and rollback plans.
- Document processes and procedures in managing the infrastructure (JIRA, Confluence) making sure best practices are always followed where applicable.
Requirements of the role:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) administration knowledge (EC2, S3, Route53, ECS, ElasticMapReduce).
- Network administration experience (VPNs, VPCs, NAT, IPsec).
- Experience with distributed architectures.
- Unix/Linux Servers administration experience (Ubuntu/Debian).
- Knowledgeable of web stack using Nginx and/or Apache.
- IT Infrastructure automatization and management (Ansible desirable).
- Experience with continuous integration processes and tools (Jenkins, Nexus, Circleci).
- NoSQL databases knowledge desired (MongoDB, Redis and Elasticsearch desirable).
- Great working environment.
- The competitive compensation package, according to the candidate profile & experience.
- Permanent position, strong possibilities of internal promotion in an international profiled firm.
- Role-based out of Madrid, Spain HQ.
We are ambitious, demanding, and optimistic go-getters. We are entrepreneurs, working hard together as a team to drive and achieve our ambitious growth plans. In short, we smell opportunities where others see vulnerability.
About TapTap Networks