Openbravo is seeking Junior Development Engineer aiming to have a challenging and very rewarding professional experience in our Services area, based in Barcelona, and alternatively in other Openbravo offices.
So, if you are crazy about technology and development, you are a problem solving "padawan" and you have the ability to learn quickly... we are waiting for you!
The function of the Junior Development Engineer involves the following key areas of responsibility:
- Participates in technical design, development, testing, and documentation of plug-ins, modules or vertical requested by partners.
- Supports workload estimations related to the service.
- Properly manages any departmental knowledge favoring the re-use of existing information.
- Follows defined methodologies within its area to achieve goals.
- Administrate the infrastructure development that will enhance the scalability of the organization.
- Refine and improve our product in developing quality service for our clients.
- Helps support team when required.
- Availability to travel as required for the success of the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Telecommunications
- Data Base Knowledge/experience, POS/Retail and/or business software applications related experience is a plus
- Knowledge/experience in software development with the following technologies is a valuable plus:
- Java Platform and/or all tiers of an enterprise web application
- Programming concepts including MVC architecture
- User Interface technologies: XML, HTML, HTML5/Application Cache /WebSQL, Backbone, Enyo
- Good written and oral communication skills in English is a must, in French is a valuable plus
- Analytical thinking & detail-oriented
- Ability to learn fast under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to meet/exceed deadlines
- Initiative, flexibility, and adaptability
What we offer
A career in an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for professional development.
A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should write an email with their resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put "Junior Development Engineer" in the subject line of your mail.
Thanks for your interest in Openbravo!