BSC-CNS (Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Centro Nacional de Supercomputación) is the National Supercomputing Facility in Spain and manages MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe. The mission of BSC-CNS is to investigate, develop and manage information technology in order to facilitate scientific progress. With this aim, special dedication has been taken to areas such as Computer Sciences, Life Sciences, Earth Sciences and Computational Applications in Science and Engineering
Look at the BSC experience:
Context and Mission
Within de Management Department, the mission of the Information System & Services team is to support in the control and manage the business aspects of BSC in a highly efficient manner through the IT systems. Briefly, this involves; collecting and analyzing data and information, to assure that these are aligned with the center’s objectives; supporting the center’s decision making (e.g. by the Director and Managing Director); and managing and centralizing business information. Additionally, the team is in charge to provide ERP training, ERP development and maintenance, and ERP helpdesk and on-site support.
At the moment we are looking for a technical profile to provide support to the maintenance and development of the Center’s management tools to ensure an optimal activity reporting of the center.
- Updating and maintenance of management’s information system (SAP B1; the center’s time recording and development career tools; etc.)
- Resolving incidences and internal user attention
- Installation, maintenance and administration of SAP products
- Support new management tools developments
Diploma/Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Programming languages: Visual Basic .NET, PHP, ASP.
- ERP (SAP B1)
- Database management (SQL)
- Web Development
Reporting (SAP Crystal Reports, etc)
- Candidates must be proactive, self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Spanish and Catalan
- Ability to take initiatives, prioritize the tasks and work under set deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
The position will be located at BSC within the Management Department. The contract will be for three year with the possibility of extension.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter
- A full CV including contact details
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.