Here at Ubiqum Code Academy, we transform total beginners into junior developers in 800 hours (20 weeks). Our methodology is to learn-by-doing and it follows Agile principles: planning, doing, feedback, and iterating. There are no lectures, graded exams, and teachers. Instead, the students are coding on Day 1 on a project that is a simulation of real-life work. On this project is a mentor who is 100% invested in the student's learning process. This is where you come into the picture:
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Junior Developer who is interested in joining our teams which simulate real-life projects. You will be doing a lot of coaching and mentoring so you must have a passion for helping other people, especially those who want to learn how to code.
- Can communicate in English and Spanish
- Passion for helping people to learn how to code
- 2 years or more of working experience in industry as a software developer
- Experience with MERN: MongoDB, Express, React, Node.js
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, or coaching
- Experience working in Agile frameworks such as Scrum
- Computer Science Degree OR relevant programming certification
What you can expect at Ubiqum:
Ubiqum is a global company with offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, Amsterdam, and growing! You will be surrounded by people from different backgrounds and nationalities and will be working in amazing offices with a lot of social activities and opportunities to network. We value your learning and you will have a career development program to improve your skills. Most importantly, you will be working with people with big hearts who are always ready to help other people learn how to code - including you!
If you have what it takes to be part of our team, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org