About Visca Web
Visca Web is a digital media company whose international products revolve around one vision: To help people make the right sports betting moves.
We are always on the lookout for results-driven individuals with proven experience in their field to help us advance towards this vision. We champion a stimulating environment where autonomy, ownership, initiative and exchange are valued and encouraged.
Our international team (7 different nationalities at the moment) is a mix of youth & experience around tech development, product management, data analytics, SEO, Content production & Digital Marketing. Friendly startup feeling but with structures and processes in place to grow fast.
Our portfolio of websites includes:
- CanadaSportsBetting.ca (targeted to Canada).
- Marcadores.com (targeted to Spain and LATAM).
- Forecastr.com (our newest product targeted to Nigeria).
- + other similar websites.
Will Barcelona win their next match? How many points will Kevin Durant score in tonight's NBA game? What’s the probability that Rafael Nadal wins the next French Open? At Visca Web, we want to help sports fans and bettors with unique and valuable forecasts. You will be in charge of creating and improving predictions models for different sports and to solve different types of problems.
Do you like to crunch numbers and find patterns that no one has seen before? Educating sports fans and bettors with decision making insights is the cornerstone of our strategy.
- Develop, test and maintain predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and statistical models.
- Explore opportunities to create value for our users using large sports datasets.
- Collaborate with backend engineers in the team to build the right data.
Required skills / experience / mindset
- Masters degree in data science or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience and knowledge in machine learning as well as data analysis and statistics.
- Strong software development skills (Python, Java, preferred)
- Experience with relational (SQL) databases.
- Problem solving skills: you enjoy diving into problems to find the root cause using data.
- Be an excellent team player.
- High level of English.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- (Bonus) Experience in sports betting.
We have great benefits
- A stimulating work environment where autonomy & responsibility are key.
- The excitement to work in a booming full digital industry.
- Personal Development (tickets to conferences, industry events…)
- Private health insurance (including dental)
- Monthly Team events (beers, training days…)
- Cool office 10 minutes walk from the beach (bike storage, rest room, play room…)
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary.
- 23 days of annual paid leave (+ public holidays)
- Apple Macbook Pro for all team members.
This position is a full-time one, based in our Barcelona office. Possession of a valid work-permit for Spain is a must.