We are looking for an energetic and curious Junior Software Engineer to join Scytl’s Research and Security team. If you are fond of security and cryptography and an excellent software developer with the ability to deliver an accurate and timely output within a research-focused and dynamic environment, you are the person that we are in the hunt for.
Apply now and seize the chance to contribute to the work of a talented team with world-class expertise in cryptography for innovating democracy worldwide.
How can you help us?
Your responsibilities as a Backend Software Engineer at the R&S department will be the following:
- Development and optimization of projects with a strong component of research, innovation and cryptography aimed at enhancing Scytl’s election modernization solutions
- Participation in the analysis and architectural design of new implementations of research outputs
- Play a key role in setting up and deploy development and test environments of the innovation project portfolio
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle of Java applications.
- Experience in unit testing
- Experience in multiplatform development (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- Sound knowledge of SQL, ODBC/JDBC , XML, Design Patterns.
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Mathematics.
Extra points for:
- Experience with security and cryptography
- Experience with development with Rust or Go languages.
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with cloud environments (Amazon, OpenStack…)
- Experience with testing tools such as Postman, curl or similar.
- Ability to work both independent and as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills with a challenging and enquiring mind.
- Good communication skills as well as organized, persistent and driven to get the things done.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Good English at both spoken and written levels.
- International working environment;
- Creative and results focused team;
- Great office in Barcelona center.
- Free fruit and coffee at the office.
- Private Health Insurance
- Gym Membership (DIR & G4L)
- Free language classes
- Flexible compensation plan
- Flexible working hours (depending on project).
APPLY NOW and help us to deliver the most innovative products within the elections domain!
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.