Spotahome is revolutionizing the way people rent housing and as we have much to develop and improve, we believe that Software Engineers are the Architects of Success. We are one of the fastest growing startups in Europe. Spotahome is an online marketplace that offers everyone in the world the most comprehensive listings of apartments, rooms, and residences in their city of destination. We personally check thousands of rooms taking professional photography, making cool HD video tours, and designing floor plans of each accommodation so potential tenants can securely book a whole apartment or rent an individual room in a flat or a student residence, all from the comfort of their couch! Forget about local real estate agents forever!
- Work seamlessly with backend engineers to integrate multiple data sources into one system building a server-side frontend API on top of the different microservices that are part of the platform using NodeJS
- Collaborate with product owners and user experience designers to create and implement designs and new features for all the apps we produce: tenant website, landlord website, internal tools, integrations, among others...
- Build reusable components and libraries for future use among different projects
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Apply best frontend patterns to achieve mobile-first, cross-browser compatible designs and implementations
- Teach other team members and learn from them
- Help to hire more engineers
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Understanding of best practices and web performance
- Fast learner and eager to learn
- Spoken and written English
- Experience with React and Angular
- Knowledge of how to build REST/GraphQL APIs
- Experience with the different challenges faced with server side rendered pages.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing and methodologies to implement CSS for large and scalable websites.
- Understanding of bundlers and dependency/task managers (npm, webpack)
- Experience with git
- Experience with docker and kubernetes
- Working with cutting edge technology like:
- Component UI library using StoryBook
- Server side rendering
- Micro Frontends architecture with NodeJS-based Backend-For-Frontend
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
- Ability to learn cutting edge technologies and contribute to opensource
- Equity and performance bonuses
- People: Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- International environment with more than 25 nationalities
- Excellent Medical insurance. Co-payment.
- Flexible work hours.
- Fitness benefits: Gympass.
- Company happy Fridays & social events.
- Amazing new ground-breaking challenges ahead