Who are we?
Let’s face it - finding a place to live in ranges from moderately painful to abysmal. Taking time off work for multiple viewings, competition for the best properties, and relentless admin fees make the process time consuming, lengthy and complicated. At Spotahome, we are on a mission to reinvent the property rental experience by making it transparent, instant, and exciting. Loved at last: Unreal estate.
We’re an online marketplace offering anyone, anywhere a comprehensive listing of apartments, rooms, studios, and student residences in the city of their choice. Our home checkers personally check thousands of rooms taking professional photos, HD video tours and designing floor plans, meaning potential tenants can find their new home 100% remotely.
Spotahome has raised a total of $72 million in capital. It is a private series B company backed by Kleiner Perkins, Passion Capital and Seaya Ventures as main investors. Investors also include Travis Kalanick (Uber), Drew Houston (Dropbox), Jeremy Stoppelman (Yelp), Arthur Kosten (Booking.com), amongst others. Since launching in 2014, we’ve grown to over 300 people. The rental market in Europe is worth $500B per year … this is Day 1!
What would you be doing?
- You’ll be a crucial member of our product team, building the best web experience possible for our Home checkers, Tenants and Landlords.
- Collaborating with our designers will be necessary as you create and implements designs and new features for all our web apps (and you need to make sure the designs are technically feasible!)
- We’re currently integrating multiple data sources into one system on top of our microservices, so you’ll need to keep architecture in mind with everything you do - building reusable components and libraries for future use.
- Work seamlessly with backend engineers to integrate multiple data sources into one system building a server-side frontend API on top of the different microservices that are part of the platform using NodeJS
- You’ll have technical expertise, as do our team - we’d love for you to teach and learn from them!
- Scaling is our number 1 priority, so we’ll need your help in hiring more great engineers.
Right now we use:
- Git, Docker, Kubernetes
What we value
- Our team has a true passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code. We love Software Design Patterns, and emphasise reliability, scalability and quality in all of the work we do.
- We are an agile team, with some members working remotely, so we have value strong and open communication. We are fans of software architecture, that is why we read and apply some of the DDD principles to create the best product team in a microservices environment. All teams are independent and own their own CI/CD with frontend and backend completely decoupled. Deploy several times a day and see your code in production in record time.
- We’re scaling fast…. Like really fast. With that comes some ambiguity, so you’ll need to be able to move fast and make decisions that will impact our developers and our customers.
- We love learning and learners. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we want you to be passionate about learning and self-improvement… regardless of how much experience you have!
Bonus points: It’d be great if you have an open Github account we could take a look at… please include it in your CV/Application if you do!
Our People and Culture
- We were international from the start. Our four founding partners lived all over the world before getting together to create Spotahome and we’re now a team of over 25 different nationalities.
- We live for the customer and embrace simplicity, we trust in trust and constantly innovate - we truly believe in our mission to make renting as simple and fast as getting a coffee.
- We understand that rush-hour can be horrible, and have flexibility around working hours, and there’s no problem with working from home when you need to. We want you to be in the frame of mind to do your best work.
- We don’t want to brag…. But we think our engineers are pretty awesome. We work with cutting edge technologies and are big contributors to opensource (check out our github - https://github.com/spotahome). We encourage all of our engineers to get out into the meet-up space, and constantly sponsor and attend tech talks.
- We have a focus on continuous personal development and love learning. For this reason, everyone has their own learning and development budget to help them grow…. As long as you teach us everything too :)
Here at Spotahome we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
Everyone is welcome, we don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.