The vente-privee group has consolidated its various European brands, together made up of 6000 employees, under one unified conglomerate: Veepee. This coalescence marks a new chapter in its European history.
With Privalia, vente-exclusive, Designer & Friends, Zlotewyprzedaze, Eboutic and vente-privee, Veepee achieved a 3.7 billion Euro turnover as of 2018. Present in 14 countries now, Veepee is taking a leading role in the European digital commerce landscape.
Our 6000 employees have chosen a job at Veepee to spice up their daily lives! Our teams implement new technologies to fuel our strategies, offering our customers the best possible experience.
Are you eager to learn? Veepee offers you a variety of trades to develop your career, enabling you to renew your skills constantly. Tech, logistics, sales, marketing, sales production: join us on an exciting, digital-centered journey.
In 2018 we launched <vpTech/> - the IT community of Veepee. Our teams are widely distributed within the offices in Paris, Lyon, Nantes, Nice, Barcelona, Brussels, Warsaw, Amsterdam and Tel-Aviv.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our distributed engineering team to work on the Stock Information Management platform. We’ve developed a pipeline that treats hundreds of millions of records from our warehouses in Europe and we aggregate all these data to represent a view of our stock.
This role would suit someone who is creative and passionate about building great products with high volumetry, as well as working with the latest technologies and methodology for building software.
Overall you’ll write code, design architecture, build all aspects of our platform, build software against API’s, manage infrastructure, perform code reviews and help guide other developers. This role offers quite a bit of free rein and the opportunity to work independently as well as collaboratively with the team.
- Work on challenging projects, to build the referential of Stock at Veepee using the best standards and technologies;
- Estimate development tasks, pointing out risks, required provisions and limitations in the process
- Perform regular code reviews and share best practices;
- Design and implement the features using TDD, clean coding for cloud ready applications;
- Active participation in an agile organization.
- Deep knowledge of Java (More than 2 years). Knowledge/experience with React would be a plus;
- Strong capacity to identify requirements and define technical solutions;
- Strong knowledge of Kafka (or at least familiar with any other queuing system);
- Experience with RESTful Web Services;
- Version control tools, especially Git;
- Design patterns and clean code;
- Oriented on scalability & performance solutions (including architecture, coding and database);
- Experience with distributed systems;
- Experience with automating deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications (e.g Kubernetes);
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery practices.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Proactive and dynamic person motivated to grow within technology team;
- You bring new ideas and proposals to our team;
- You tend to follow Veepee corporate behaviors;
- You are collaborative, pragmatic and respectful.
What we offer:
- The dynamic and creative environment within international teams;
- The variety of self-education courses on our e-learning platform;
- The participation in meetups and conferences locally and internationally;
- Up to 3 days of remote work per week;
- Video games, beer and quiz parties with colleagues.
Belonging to Veepee, <vpTech/> is one of the biggest Tech community in Europe with more than 1000 IT collaborators around Europe.
From Warsaw to Barcelona, through Lyon, Nantes, Lausanne, Tel Aviv, Brussels, Nice, Amsterdam and Paris, all our projects are developed in a functional environment with a wide skills variety where you’ll be sure to find your place, no matter the technology you want to work with.
If you love to try things why don’t you jump on this new adventure?