Reloadly is a tech startup removing the complexities in mobile airtime and digital gifting with our flexible cloud APIs built for developers.
The Back-End Developers will design and develop applications that deliver value to our customers. She/he will work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product, proactively gather requirements and ensure high quality of our software. She/he will ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Design and develop components applications that deliver value to our customers.
- Work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Troubleshoot and debug code.
- Proactively review and test own work; provide peer-review work for others.
- Work with the team and other developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to development.
- Ensure clear documentation of created/modified functionality.
- Independently propose and create solutions.
- Drive idea generation with peers and other stakeholder within the organization to identify areas that require improvement.
Required EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2 year of experience developing in back-end Java
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical design
- Deep technical understanding of Java, Spring (Spring Boot), and Hibernate, RDBMS (MySQL)
- In addition to the required education and experience, the following attributes are desired:
- Have a passion for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines.
- Be well versed in design patterns, testing, coding practices, deployment, lifecycle management, and beyond.
- RDBMS design principles and familiarity with MySQL.
- Unit testing with Junit and mocking frameworks like Mockito or EasyMock or others
- Solid understanding of REST
- Well versed in creating REST services, and consuming SOAP webservices
- Use agile and lean principles in your product thinking-you're able to see large problems as a series of smaller jobs with expected outcomes.
- Be organized and process-oriented.