At Ocado Technology we design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. Beyond this, we are putting the world’s retailers online, including Morrisons (UK), Kroger (USA), Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada) and ICA (Sweden). We provide an entire platform from mobile apps, website, fulfilment (automated warehouses, store pick solutions), back-office systems to delivery solutions, all crafted by our passionate team of software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona, working closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
We use Java to deliver our projects, AWS for all our deployments and GCP for data and Machine Learning. We embrace Agile development techniques, running our projects on Scrum or Kanban. Alongside the ownership and ongoing development of all new functionality, there is particular focus on performance, scalability and maintainability.
We pride ourselves on the following core values: Trust, Collaboration, Autonomy, Learn Fast & Craftsmanship.
- We are looking for Java Engineers (all levels of seniority) to join our team, as we continue to push the boundaries of online shopping.
The Payments team is the team responsible of building and improving the payments systems in OSP. Our mission is to create a flexible, secure and reliable platform that allows retailers to effectively process payments.
- We are creating a system that minimizes the work to be done to integrate with new PSPs keeping all the features intact.
- We are committed to provide valuable information to the retailer on a critical system like payments.
- We work to integrate new payment methods like Apple Pay into the Ocado Smart Platform.
- Computer Science (or related subject) degree
- Good spoken and written English
- OOP and software design skills
- Experience in Java
- Passionate about developing high-quality enterprise software
- Happy to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding of TDD and Clean Code
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of AWS/Cloud environments
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly drinks events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal training
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We growing rapidly making it a very exciting time to join!