At Clarity AI, we are committed to bringing social impact to markets. We are a tech company started in 2017, leveraging AI and machine learning technologies to ensure environmental, social and governance dimensions are the focal point of decision making within financial markets.
We are now a team of more than 180 highly passionate individuals coming from all over the world. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading startup backed by investors and strategic partners such as SoftBank, BlackRock, and Deutsche Börse who believe in us and share our goals. We have plans to continue growing our teams in Spain, Portugal, the UK, and the US this year so if you would like to join us on this rocket ship, keep reading!
Clarity AI is looking for a Backend Engineer for the Tech team. If you’re a developer and you enjoy solving complex problems with code, developing using JVM languages and you are not afraid of learning new things, we are looking for you.
You will be part of the team delivering the initial backend for our production-ready product while co-designing and implementing an architecture that can scale up with the product and the company.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Conduct unit tests, code reviews, refactor the current source codes, assess and improve site/software performance, and maintains design and code documentation
Our tech stack is documented here: https://stackshare.io/clarity-ai/clarity-ai-backend
Location: This position can be based within Europe or Remote.
We like engineers who adapt quickly to new challenges and break them down into smaller pieces that a highly productive team will find high-quality solutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experienced professional with a track record delivering complex projects in fast-changing companies. We’re looking for someone with +3 years of engineering work experience
- Experience in SaaS business would be preferable, although not required.
- Ideally experience in the financial sector or regulated markets.
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural design of large scale applications and microservice approaches.
- Deep knowledge of Java and familiarity with Spring Boot and MongoDB which are the base of our microservices stack and Event Driven Architecture
- Familiar with Clean Code, SOLID and DRY principles
- Experience with the complexities and nuances of microservices architecture and distributed systems.
- Strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the Clarity AI team will be based in the US. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers across various locations.
- Open to try new technologies and programming languages.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Python or NodeJs is a Plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our people are our main asset. We have built a unique team and we all share 3 differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values:
- Our team comprises professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by an excellent leadership team coming from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences.
We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work and pride ourselves on our culture:
- Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions.
- Diverse: Encouraging diversity of personalities, cultures and experiences.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
We care about our employees and think they deserve the best.
- ESOP/ Phantom stock: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity AI. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in our success with ESOP or phantom stock options.
- Training budget: Continued learning is important to us so we provide everyone with a yearly training budget.
- Additional benefits are available depending on your location.
We are a US company with a UK and Spanish subsidiary. We have offices in New York City, London and Madrid and have possibilities for remote working for many of our roles.
Clarity AI has received several awards:
- World Economic Forum Pioneer
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab
- Top startup with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent
- Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017
About Clarity AI