Weekendesk was created in 2008 and financially sustained by Otium Capital, is the European leader in the sale of short-stay and thematic weekends.
We are present in over 5 different countries and two offices in Paris and Barcelona. We generate over 80M€ BV selling 10,000 different packages made of Hotel Room Stay and Activities.
With a constant growth of 20% over the last 5 years, the vision is to become the leader in the sector for short-stays, across all Europe.
You will be part of the IT & Product hub based on Barcelona, with the objective of exponentially increasing our supply and better distribute our products across various channels.
You will be working on "Plugging" new providers to our newly borne micro-service infrastructure, and let internal and external devs to "Play" with our Distribution APIs that you wil help building up and maintain. Which is why your team name is Plug&Play:)
In details you can expect to:
- Acquire functional knowledge on the e-travel field
- Build new features / products around supply and distribution of our main products via APIs.
- Resilient and scalable real time integration with third-party APIs
- Channel Managers
- Activity providers
- Third-party distributors
- Build tools capable of reliable real time auditing, monitoring and analytics capabilities
- Collaborate with other teams for transverse projects
- Java 8 (and 9!)
- Micro-services architecture
- REST APIs
- Continuous delivery
- Development best practices used: Pair programming, code review, TDD
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetis
- Other tools: Maven3, Jenkins, Sonarqube, git
What we are looking for:
- Significant working experience in a Java Web environment (preferably using Agile / Scrum methodology)
- Previous working experience in years (3/4+)
- Passionate for development and web technologies
- A team-player which favours the group vs the individual achievement
- Fluent in English
- Working experience within the e-commerce / travel industry is a plus
Why joining Weekendesk?
- To be the first customer to put the hands on new features we build
- To be challenged every day and test your limits in a very dynamic and ever changing environment
- To be part the driving force behind the growth of a dynamic start-up within a motivated team
- To have fun at your workplace and meet people from many different nationalities