We are looking for an experienced JAVA Backend Engineer (m/f) who is, like us, passionate about delivering the best product and user experience to our customers. As a key member of our cross functional and agile team setup, you will work closely with our development team and take an active role in all testing activities to ensure a flawless working product.
We are Ofertia, a digital company based in the lively Barcelona. Our mission is to revolutionize the way people do shopping, covering the gap between the online and offline shopping worlds. We help retailers to drive more customers to their stores by publishing digital circulars on our mobile apps and web portals, where consumers can find the best offers from their favorite stores around them.
Ofertia is part of the Bonial.com Group with more than 350 employees worldwide, headquartered in Berlin and with offices in Barcelona, Chicago, Mexico City, Paris, Munich and Sao Paulo.
Your day at Ofertia
- Hands-on coding, systems analysis, design, and delivery of new features and software architectures
- Help to drive the technical architecture evolution with our backend team
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Work with innovative technologies and methods, as well as with cutting edge location-based technologies
- Maintain and evolve existing services including refactoring and reduction of technical debt
- Identifying and implement innovative solutions and ensure long-term stability and maintainability of our code base
What you should bring
- Technical skills:
- You have a professional experience of at least 4+ years in Java and related frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, Jersey
- You are used to being part of an agile development team
- You have solid knowledge of OOP in Java
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, memory management, concurrency) with demonstrated ability to apply these skills to solve hard real-world problems
- Good understanding of Web technologies, protocols and architectures
- Specialization in large scale software systems, service oriented architectures, and REST based API design
- Experience in Groovy / Grails (not mandatory)
- Knowledge of SQL and understanding of relational database schema design
- You are able to work independently, responsibly, accurately and reliably
- Good understanding of the value of teamwork for the success of the project
- Personal Skills:
- Strong, natural leader with +3 years of experience leading technical teams
- Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English & Spanish
- Entrepreneurial & open mindset
- Smart, energetic, driven and willing to work hard
- Team player
What makes working at Ofertia great
- Our entrepreneurial culture and warm family atmosphere will surround you with a fun and dynamic work environment you will only find here.
- Ofertia is one of the most exciting digital companies in the heart of Barcelona with a disruptive product and friendly working hours
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and space for learning such as free English and Spanish classes
- Get the most out of a great environment with office parties, team events, BBQs & after works
- Competitive base salary (we know how to reward our people!)
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments through flat hierarchies and short communication channels
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, fresh fruit and so on)
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!