Fon was founded in 2006 with the goal of blanketing the world with WiFi. Today the company is a global WiFi leader with more than 20 million crowdsourced hotspots. Fon is a technology provider for world leading telcos such as British Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Oi Brazil, SoftBank, Telstra and many more.
Fon has been innovative since its inception and has disrupted the telecommunications business with our Community WiFi product and with our WiFi for businesses solutions. The usage of WiFi keeps growing and the users demand more WiFi coverage, better service and excellent user experience. There are a lot of opportunities to innovate in such a demanding and flourishing business, bringing new technologies and business models around WiFi.
Are you an innovator and are you looking for new challenges? If so, we are looking for you!
The role and the team
We never stop innovating and we want to build the products that will change the way the users consume their telco’s services, towards a fully digitalized experience.
The candidate will join the Fontech Home WiFi Team as a Java backend developer. This team is highly technical and product focused and is in charge of developing the next generation of tools that the telcos will use to manage their subscribers’ home WiFi experience from a holistic point of view. This team is highly experienced in developing high standard WiFi products for telco business. The candidate will work on the development of our latest B2B products yet to be launched under the latest working methodologies. As a member of the Innovation department you will closely collaborate with colleagues from other departments such as product, Architecture, Firmware. We follow agile methodologies not only for the development team but also for the entire product lifecycle management. You will also be involved in the development improvement process.
To succeed in this role:
- You are a programmer that likes to see a reason behind his work.
- You are someone that is ultimately driven by a purpose: we want to build technology and solutions for real life problems and we want people that understand this as a key factor in their jobs
- You enjoy working within a team, with different roles, skills and experiences but with a common goal
- You always aim for highest standards and delivers results
- The project is very innovative and it requires to be creative and with a strong bias for action, it is important to be able to adapt to changing conditions and to propose solutions to unexpected situations.
- At least 3 years of experience in Back-End development.
- You have a strong Analytical mindset.
- You are experienced with Agile Methodologies.
- Java 7 or higher / Spring.
- Continuous Integration.
- Maven or Gradle
- You are experienced in Linux environments.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Teamwork and communication are among your natural skills.
- Understanding of REST API fundamentals, including API design experience.
- Work in a multicultural environment with global reach
- Enjoy our cool office and advantages: free coffee, cookies, rest area, billiards, fruit, etc.
- We have really flexible working hours!
- Teleworking one day a week
- Great salary compensation
- Enjoy or perks: Restaurant card, health insurance, annual bonus, and flexible compensation
- Join our incredible and talented team and be part of the innovation, become a Foner@!