The Yolt Team
We created Yolt because we want to give everyone the power to be smart with their money. We are challenging the status quo of money management and making it effortless and fun! We are part of a team that operates in a unique space on the boundaries of a large multinational bank (ING) with an entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. Our current challenge is to scale our solution and support our beta launch, build an engaging relationship with the users of the app and keep on developing the product based on feedback and the ideas we get from our customers. We are a small, dedicated team of highly skilled people who work hard, fast and never forget to celebrate our successes. To support our vision we are looking for an exceptional Data Scientist with experience in creating smart and scalable algorithms. Yolt is on its way and we would love to take you with us for the ride!
What you'll be doing as a Java Backend Engineer
You work within a team of Java, iOs, Android, iOS UX engineers and Data scientists to develop an outstanding customer proposition and you have strong knowledge and experience in designing, building and maintaining a back-end from scratch.
Performance, security and resilience are of upmost important, as we will be handling high load, customer data and want to deliver a service with maximum availability. The majority of our micro services is written in Java Spring Boot. We are looking for someone that is proficient in the aforementioned areas.
A good understanding and experience with Cassandra is needed and it’s great if you have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka and an event driven-architecture.
The backend has to be quality controlled by fully automated tests and have to be performance tested for which you will also be responsible. We work according to a SCRUM Agile development process and release working software regularly to production.
If you see yourself in this profile, we'd like to hear from you:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- 3-5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating highly scalable mission-critical applications.
- Strong skills in Java software development and experience in design and development of complex, secure and high-performance applications.
- Already living in The Netherlands or moving in the country soon.
- Excellent knowledge of Java including the Spring framework.
- Experience with Kubernetes and how to securely expose rest services from an environment.
- Experience with test driven development & test automation.
- Real world OO design experience and knowledge of design patterns.
- Knowledge of Cassandra.
- Experience with at least one scripting language.
- Experience with API platform tools like Apigee.
- Knowledge of of design and resilience patterns.
- Familiar with continuous Integration tools like: GIT, Jenkins, Sonar, Maven, Nexus and are able to configure these tools.
- Knowledge of JSON, REST, web-services.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum or as a Scrum Master.
What's in it for you:
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
Interested? Send your CV and cover letter to us at: email@example.com