We founded Rover.com with the mission to connect dog owners and pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Why? We strongly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog.
Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love by connecting owners with trusted pet care whenever they need it. Millions of services have been booked on Rover, including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home dog boarding, and doggy day care. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) – we love dogs!
Now, we are on a mission to bring Rover.com and the benefits we spread amongst pet lovers to Europe! Therefore, we are looking for a talented and driven IT Support Specialist in Barcelona to support our European teams.
Meet the IT Team:
Our team supports the software and hardware that Rover’s workforce relies on to do their jobs. Our IT environment is 100% cloud-based with no on-premise servers. Our strategy is to exclusively use cloud-based services to optimize usability, scalability, inter-connectivity, security and cost.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a hardworking and team oriented IT Support Specialist to join our team in our Barcelona office. The Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing software and hardware support to Rover's European workforce.
- Ensure Help Desk SLAs and ticket volumes are honored
- Answer, prioritise and resolve incoming Help Desk incidents/requests while providing an outstanding experience
- Provide software support, e.g. user account management, troubleshooting, installation and configuration
- Provide hardware support, e.g. laptop provisioning/deprovisioning, break/fix for laptops, A/V equipment and copiers
- Participate on special IT projects and initiatives
- 2+ years of corporate IT Help Desk experience
- Experience providing hardware and software support on Macs (95% of Rover’s fleet is on a Mac) and Windows laptops
- Experience administering user accounts in Google Workspace (a.k.a. G-Suite)
- Experience problem solving basic LAN/WAN networking issues, e.g. DHCP/DNS protocols, VPN configurations and wireless performance issues
- Experience using an IT service management system to manage your work, e.g. Jira Service Management
- Experience with the IT tasks associated with on/off-boarding employees/non-employees
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to occasionally work evenings or weekends and lift up to 20kg
- This role is based in our Barcelona office, therefore you must have the right to live and work in Spain
- Fluent in English
Nice to have:
- Apple Genius Bar or similar experience
- Experience supporting IT General Controls (ITGC) initiatives related to SOX, PCI, CCPA and/or GDPR regulations
- Knowledge of Linux, iOS or Android troubleshooting
Why we'll hire you because you're:
- Qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- A fast learner that can quickly pick up new technologies
- An excellent support specialist who wants to get even better
- A superb communicator
- Good at embracing a problem, but also knows when to seek help
- A hard worker, but knows how to have tons of fun while doing it!
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (Remotely due to COVID-19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.