As part of the IT Support Engineering team, you’ll provide excellent IT support to Britelings. While the primary focus of this position will be to support our Spain based team, you will also help our community of global Britelings whether they are working from an office or remotely. You would be an on-site point person for our Madrid office to support any technical issues while collaborating with onsite business partners, external vendors, and the extended IT group.
The Eventbrite IT team, or BriteTech as we are fondly referred to as internally, is responsible for overseeing all internal technical operations. The IT Support Engineering team is one of three IT teams in BriteTech. This team provides outstanding IT end user and A/V support, procures IT equipment like laptops and peripherals, manages user lifecycle management (onboarding/offboarding), manages inventory, and helps deliver a supportive technical environment for Britelings to thrive.
You’ll join the IT Support Engineering team and provide day to day support for our Madrid office and distributed global users by working closely with all departments to eliminate any technical friction and improve existing internal services. You will help orient and onboard new employees, provide outstanding A/V and technical support, and help keep track of lots of inventory both physical and virtual. You will also assist with local or global IT projects as needed. Through it all, you’ll help facilitate a welcoming and friendly environment for fellow employees and provide outstanding customer support.
THE TECH STACK
Desktop Support (macOS, Windows), SaaS and IT administration (G Suite, Okta, JIRA, Slack, LastPass, Jamf, AirWatch, etc…), A/V Support (Conference rooms, Event spaces, Google Hangouts, Zoom, Chromebox for Meetings), Mobile Device troubleshooting (iOS, Android), Telephony, Inventory Management, Ticket Management (JIRA Service Management), basic network troubleshooting (VPN, Wireless)
THE SKILL SET
- A bachelor's degree and/or at least 1-3 years of experience working in an IT Support function for a rapidly growing company or experience as a professional rodeo clown, whichever is less dangerous and unpredictable
- Experience troubleshooting complex IT problems as people pace nervously in front of you, fretting loudly about their impending deadlines and loss of revenue, all while keeping a smile and fixing the problem without breaking a sweat. Singing is also acceptable, as long as you don't have a pitch problem
- Experience deploying, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting macOS and Windows desktop systems
- Experience in a customer service role helping many different kinds of users both in person and remote
- Experience configuring, running, and troubleshooting A/V in small and large conference rooms or spaces and helping run A/V meetings
- Experience providing executive level IT support
- Experience with physical inventory management and working cross-functionally with facilities and other departments
- The ability to flourish as part of a team, be mentally flexible and be able to summon helpful spirits in times of crisis
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Spanish
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Experience handling IT procurement
- Some experience with network infrastructure
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.