As a member of the Employee Enablement Tribe based in Barcelona, you'll be responsible for providing world class IT support to all employees across Europe both physically and virtually.
The role sits within our Employee Enablement Tribe whose teams are responsible for providing the best working environment possible for our people. This includes the infrastructure that supports our internal IT, the systems that run on it, all aspects of office management and internal communications. The position will also be part of the Mac Services Squad who are responsible for supporting and developing the windows estate within Skyscanner.
You’ll be responsible for providing IT support to all employees across Europe both physically and virtually.
The primary role will be to provide 1st-3rd line technical support covering Mac, PC and mobile devices. You’ll also work closely with our office management and internal communications teams to help ensure we provide a world class working environment and technical equipment for our staff.
It is essential that you have extensive IT support experience, across a number of business functions or applications.
A background in software development would be highly beneficial, however strong customer service/help desk experience is essential to the role as our squad always strives to provide an excellent all-round service to our customers.
- Provide support to all users via our Tech Bar
- Support and maintain all office IT equipment (meeting rooms, seminar rooms, laptops, mac’s etc)
- Act as initial point of contact for all matters relating to relevant systems, for both internal & external parties
- Work to implement new tools, systems and sites
- Administering supported systems, including (but not limited to)
- Automation of manual tasks
- Health checks, housekeeping and monitoring
- User account administration – create, modify, delete (including permission control)
- Rollout of software – client installs, system updates
- Maintenance & distribution of user support material & training.
- System related communications – upgrades, outages, upcoming training, etc.
- System backups
- Complete system change/enhancements
In addition, the following skills and experience would be desirable:
- A solid broad range of IT skills & tools
- Strong customer service skills, with a get it done attitude
- Experience in automation and scripting would be beneficial (Python, MS PowerShell)
- Experience in administering Mac OS
- Mac OS Server administration, Linux server administration (basics – primarily CentOS)
- Good knowledge of change management best practice
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – methodical, logical, patient, careful, and accurate
- Good communicator able to work well with others but also possess the self-discipline and stamina to work on their own
- Works well under pressure
- Committed, diligent with good time management skills
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) deployment and management
- Educated to degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience in the deployment and support of Microsoft technologies Windows 7 & 10, IE, Office, Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, VPN and DHCP
- Well-read and interested in technology
This role will be based in Barcelona but will involve regular travel to our Sofia and Budapest offices (perhaps once a month for 2-3 days).
- - ‘Skyscanner University’ offers a range of courses for tech and business topics.
- - At Skyscanner there’s no clocking in and there’s no bell at the end of the day, they prefer to give you the freedom and autonomy to do your job, add value and own your work.
- - Better than average annual leave in all office locations.
- - There’s enhanced maternity and paternity leave and a flexible working policy to encourage and enable a healthy work-life balance.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!