Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 800 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We are looking for a Mac support engineer to join our growing team in Barcelona. The role sits within our Employee Enablement Tribe, whose teams are responsible for providing the best working environment possible for our people. This includes the infrastructure that supports our internal IT, the systems that run on it, all aspects of office management and internal communications. The position will also be part of the Mac Services Squad who are responsible for supporting and developing the Mac estate within Skyscanner.
You'll be responsible for providing IT support to all employees across Europe both physically and virtually.
The primary role will be to provide 1st-3rd line technical support covering Mac, PC and mobile devices. You'll also work closely with our office management and internal communications teams to help ensure we provide a world class working environment and technical equipment for our staff.
- To support and maintain the Mac OSX estate
- To resolve incidents and problems both directly from users and through technical escalation
- To use existing skills and knowledge as well as appropriate support resources to identify resolutions to user issues
- To implement fixes and solutions where appropriate either via discussing directly with users, via IM, via remote control or onsite
- System Administration of the Squad's server estate
- Experience of managing a corporate Mac OSX estate comprising user laptops and OSX Server
- Extensive IT support experience across a number of business functions or applications
- Ability to lead projects on your own initiative from concept to completion and all ongoing user support thereafter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills, with a get it done attitude
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills across technologies
- Maintenance & distribution of user support material & training
- Experience of managing and using JAMF Pro
- Experience of AWS or similar cloud technologies, particularly deployment and management of IAAS
- Basic system administration experience of Linux
- Experience in the deployment and support of Microsoft technologies, specifically Windows 7 & 10, MS Office & Active Directory
- Experience in automation and scripting would be beneficial (Python, MS PowerShell)
- 1stto 3rd line support and deployment experience in Windows environments
- - ‘Skyscanner University’ offers a range of courses for tech and business topics.
- - At Skyscanner there’s no clocking in and there’s no bell at the end of the day, they prefer to give you the freedom and autonomy to do your job, add value and own your work.
- - Better than average annual leave in all office locations.
- - There’s enhanced maternity and paternity leave and a flexible working policy to encourage and enable a healthy work-life balance.