Mozilla is looking for an Engineer for our Operations Team to help provide European shift support for 24x7x365 production systems and services. You will have the opportunity to work closely across Mozilla's operational teams (including both IT and Engineering operations) for day to day support, new projects, monitoring, and metrics. You will provide technical support in addition to being the coordination point for higher priority incident and associated communications for the organization.
You love being a part of a maturing team that directly supports technical infrastructure. You enjoy mentoring, developing and challenging other individuals within your team. You are someone who understands what it means to be responsible for the delivery of a service and work hard to ensure business continuity by maximizing service uptime. If so, our Mozilla Operations Center (MOC) Engineer role may be a great fit for you! We’re looking for someone who can help grow our Operations Center into a high performance team that delivers consistent, quality operations engineering services.
You are proud to perform operations engineering across a global enterprise with a passion for improving stability. You are detail oriented, value clear and consistent communication and keep a cool, yet firm, head in every situation. You also share our mission in supporting the Open Source community and the values that Mozilla represents.
About the Position
This position will be in our Berlin space for support during European hours.
- Ability to triage critical situations quickly and efficiently and decide on a course of action
- Support and maintain our Enterprise Linux, network infrastructure, database and application environment including deployment, patch management, documentation, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Understanding of basic networking issues and troubleshooting, driving vendor support for issue resolution
- Design and development of extensible, automated, and integrated tools to monitor and scale infrastructure operations efficiently
- General troubleshooting and alerting response to keep our critical infrastructure up and running smoothly
- Ability to work with the Mozilla corporation and community to answer general IT questions and provide assistance
- Communicate ongoing issues and track status for Incident Management
- Assist in Root Cause Analysis and Post-mortem Discussions
- Mentor other members of the team
- Ensure our documentation and run books are up-to-date
- Assist in operational aspects of migrating applications to AWS, including monitoring and performance analytics
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience supporting a production Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, or Fedora server environment, familiarity with network configuration and support, apache and MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with monitoring platforms such as Nagios, Prometheus, New Relic, Splunk
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc
- Version control experience (git preferred)
- Ability to design and develop and integrate automated tools using Python and shell scripting
- Extraordinary documentation, communication, and organization skills, detail oriented
- Demonstrable ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
- Affinity for open environments that inspire learning, collaboration and partnership
- Capable of accepting mentorship from team members
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- 2 or more years experience working with AWS
- Previous work with open source tools/contributor to open source community
- RHCT or RHCE certification
Mozilla is a global and highly diverse organization chock-full of deeply talented people whom you will no doubt learn from. Your role will have purpose as our objective at Mozilla is to keep the Internet alive and accessible. Our goals are meaningful, yet our work environment is casual and highly flexible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.