Eurovision Technology Hub is looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the Corporate IT team at our technology hub in Madrid, Spain.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
The IT Infrastructure Engineer supports the development and implementation of new technologies within a large systems environment by advising on design concepts, implementation strategies and deployment timelines.
She/he should have an excellent understanding of IT systems and business analysis skills to assess current business processes to identify gaps between business needs and process requirements and recommend improvements. The IT Infrastructure Engineer defines, implements and leads projects within their area of expertise, from the design stage to acceptance.
She/he reports to the Infrastructure Manager in a role that requires managing global infrastructure project-led initiatives to maintain and enhance IT services.
In this role as IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Manage the development, testing and deployment of infrastructure technologies to determine capabilities, cost benefits and develop solutions that meet performance and budgetary requirements.
- Ensure 2nd and 3rd level support for Microsoft AD/Azure and related technologies.
- Ensure compliance with operational requirements for security, performance,reliability and scalability.
- Create documentation records of design specifications and instructional manuals as necessary to enable all computer system end users to interact effectively with hardware and software systems.
- Maintain and develop on premises AD, data centre operations utilizing the existing virtualized SAN infrastructure, VMWare, etc.
- Contribute with modern thinking regarding infrastructure technologies to assist with the digitalization of the business. Advise management on critical updates, system malfunctions and vulnerabilities.
- Draw up network maps and be able to support the Azure/Office365 infrastructure as a back-up.
- Apply the current EBU Projects procedures, contribute to the continuous improvement process.
- Review and edit technical requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to the proposed solution.
- Develop technical specifications and system design specifications.
- Define and supervise the creation of prototypes and functional tests.
- Take part in testing efforts, facilitate User Acceptance Tests.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate must have:
- Some years of relevant experience in AD, Azure infrastructure architecture and maintenance.
- Min 1 year of experience in technical project management.
- Proven track record of managing complex and multi-dimensional cloud and on premises infrastructure.
- Proven track record of 2nd and 3rd level support of security (mainly Microsoft)
- Solid technical project management experience.
- Skilled experienced in the following areas: M365 Azure and on premises architecture design, SCCM/End Point Management, Microsoft IAM, and all other Azure services for IT corporate environment and SAN Storage Technologies, VMWare, vSphere ESX, VDI, Barracuda solutions Backup Technologies (Veeam solution), Microsoft Server Workstation Operating Systems, Active
- Self-motivated, high initiative, resilient, adaptable, inquisitive positive.
- Analytical, user experience oriented, cooperative a team player.
- Strong communication skills very proficient in communicating technical points clearly to different levels within an organization.
Additional experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- Working with geographically distributed and international teams (our headquarters are located in Switzerland)
- French language knowledge
Perhaps you are missing some of the listed skills and required experience, but you are self-motivated and eager to learn? Then we still want to meet you!
ONCE ON BOARD YOU WILL
- Be part of an outstanding multi-cultural and international team
- Occasionally travel to our headquarters in Switzerland for workshops and training
- Enjoy our technology hub, designed to foster a culture of sharing, openness and creativity
University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or similar degree (Master or Bachelor).
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 28 working days of vacation for all employees
- A flexible 40-hour working week for work-life balance
- Recognition bonus system
- Personal incentive plan
- Private health insurance
- Company pension fund
- Ticket restaurant card
- Public transport card
- Sponsored gym membership
- Choose your own laptop backpack
- Start-up culture but with a consolidated business behind it
- A multi-cultural environment, made up of a dynamic and international team
- Enjoy long-term stable employment
ABOUT EUROVISION SERVICES
Discover more about Eurovision Services at www.eurovision.net.
Eurovision Services is an equal opportunities employer committed to building an inclusive workplace where everyone feels heard, safe and valued through a culture free of discrimination. We welcome applications from all communities.
About Eurovision Labs
The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) is the world’s foremost alliance of public service media (PSM). Our mission is to make PSM indispensable. We have 73 Members in 56 countries in Europe, and an additional 33 Associates in Asia, Africa, Australasia and the Americas
We are one EBU with two distinct fields of activity: member services and business services.
Our member services strive to secure a sustainable future for public service media, provide our Members with a centre for learning and sharing and build on our founding ethos of solidarity and co-operation to provide an exchange of world-class news, sports news and music.
Eurovision Media Services, our business arm, has an outstanding global reputation and is the first choice media services provider for many media organizations and sports federations around the world.
We have offices in Brussels, Rome, Dubai, Moscow, New York, Washington DC, Singapore and Beijing. Our headquarters are in Geneva.
Discover more about the EBU on www.ebu.ch and EMS on http://www.eurovision.net.
About Eurovision Labs:
Eurovision Labs in Madrid is the new technology hub for the EBU's new subsidiary, Eurovision Services. The Labs will be responsible for delivering media & broadcast core solutions applying the most advanced software engineering techniques. The new offices in Madrid are specifically designed to boost creativity and facilitate innovation and learning in an amicable work environment. As part of the technology team, you will be working with top international engineers specialized in media while seeing your developments applied in Tier-1 worldwide sports and news content. The applicants will be part of a small, talented and motivated core team that will support Eurovision Services in delivering the most innovative and reliable solutions for our customers around the world.
Join our new technology hub in Madrid:
No vacancy, but you think your profile could be of interest to us? Are you self-motivated and eager to learn? Then we want to meet you!
We are seeking profiles from the software and telecom industry which are passionate about software, internet and telecommunications. If you are hands-on, have some knowledge of programming, scripting, Linux OS, IP stack, networks, devOps, integration, QA or project management then let’s have a chat to see how you can fit the team.
Once on board you will:
• Be part of an outstanding multi-cultural and international team of engineers,
• Get involved in Tier-1 media projects with impact and visibility
• Occasionally travel to our headquarters in Switzerland for workshops and training,
• Enjoy our labs, designed to foster a culture of sharing, openness and creativity,
• Choose your working environment: Apple MacOS or Microsoft Windows.
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or similar degree (Master or Bachelor).
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive salary and benefits.