FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Hello there. We’re Zopa the Feel Good MoneyTM company.
In 2005 we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
It works so well that we want to give our customers access to other great products and tools, empowering them to better manage their money. That’s why, in December 2018, we launched a different type of bank, allowing us to bring a greater range of smart finance products to even more people.
The IT Director role at Zopa reports to the CTO. The scope of the IT Director role encompasses all IT and technical support functions at Zopa, outside of Zopa’s Software Development department. The effective leadership of the IT Department is crucial as IT forms critical part of the company supply chain in providing services to Zopa’s internal users and external customers and partners.
The IT department is a major business enabler and the IT Director will forge strong relationships with internal business stakeholders, ensuring business requirements are translated into IT deliverables and capabilities, prioritised and supported in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Zopa enjoys a lean, nimble and efficient organisation structure and resource pool, with Agile delivery methodology and Tribe/Squad structure for development. The IT Director will be versed in software delivery and will ensure the IT Department is optimised to support the rapid pace of change in Zopa’s product lines and customer facing services.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and will be confident in leading strong creative and technical resources across a wide range of technology and support areas.
The successful candidate will have experience and confidence in the delivery and operation of the following areas:
Hosting & Networking
- Data Centre Architecture and support
- IT infrastructure Architecture and operation
- Cloud Platform experience, both Private and Public
- WAN and LAN design and operation
- Understand the working practices of Agile / Scrum delivery methodology
- Understand the differing environments and uses in SDLC
Site Reliability Engineering (DevOps)
- Have experience in building and running DevOps capabilities in centralised and dispersed models
- Have a passion for automation and orchestration
- Advocate for service orientated solutions, providing consumable capabilities to Developers
- Experience in orchestration tool such as Jenkins
- Experience in utilizing tools such as Jira, GitHub, Artifactory etc
- Broad experience in Monitoring and Alerting Platforms and service
Information Security (InfoSec)
- Understand the cyber security landscape
- Appreciate multiple threat vectors and how to mitigate them
- Experience in managing and responding to security issues and challenges
- Good experience in ITIL disciplines, Incident, Problem, Change
- Experienced in Project and Programme Management, tracking and reporting
- Experienced Operational lead, comfortable in leading troubleshooting situations
- Expert in reporting and communication technical reports and processes to business stakeholders and non-technical resources
- Good working knowledge of ServiceNow and the ITSM ecosystem
- Broad knowledge in all aspects of delivering effective internal IT services
- Email, Messaging and Collaboration Platforms
- Desktop and help Desk Services
- Video Conferencing
- LAN and Wi-Fi experience
- Responsible for IT asset management (hardware, software, equipment)
- Drive performance and efficiency through KPI and ticket management
- Support CTO, CEO and Stakeholders at internal and external meeting
- Be an advocate for exemplary service and quality
- Business Case development and presentation
- Vendor negotiation and contract management
- Liaise with Procurement and Legal Partners
- Budget forecasting and diligent management, OpEx and CapEx
- KPI orientated, driving performance and efficiency
- Process orientated and versed in developing and codifying Policies and Practices
- Lead the development of the IT strategy to support the business
- Act as the liaison between the leadership team and local functions and the Global IT team to:
- Ensure a strong understanding of IT opportunities and needs
- Assess the availability of global IT options vs. local IT options, ensuring compliance to Global IT process and governance standards
- Assist with the coordination of activating the global applications to meet local needs
- Support the project management activities associated with global project implementations and act as the liaison to manage road blocks or issues affecting the timely activation of approved projects
- Partner with business leaders to ensure that business value is extracted from the relevant IT investments
- Maintain a constant communication and support the demand of the business
- Provide the Leadership Team with effective and proactive updates and reporting on IT related matters
- Monitor the evolution of technology and provide the organization with relevant level of information to support more effective decision making and business planning
- Develop a strategy for the identification, selection and ongoing management of local IT suppliers & partners
- Responsible for driving the development and execution of the reporting of the function’s activities, KPIs and time allocation
- Update plans for new product/service releases, ensuring key stakeholder alignment
- Execute IT project plans as approved by lead teams providing timely updates and proactively resolving issues
- Drive the implementation of local standards and policies in conjunction with the business
- Experience in working in fast paced and changing environment, driving change and performance
Ok, I’m in. What can Zopa offer me?
· A relaxed and informal office overlooking the Thames at London Bridge, full of break out spaces for collaborative working, and of course the obligatory office bean bags, which no one can ever get up from with dignity
· A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa – regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
· Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
· On site Yoga classes weekly
· A games room with well used ping pong and football tables
· A dedicated room for meditation, relaxation and prayer
· To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
· A tailor-made integration plan to set you up for success and an ongoing focus on your performance and development
· Two paid days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
· Free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Free breakfast every morning
· A competitive compensation and benefits package
· We can’t guarantee it, but we’re always open to a chat about flexible working
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Zopa company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.