Flanks is a Barcelona-based fintech company focused on wealth management services. Its main product is a SaaS solution that helps financial advisors, family offices and other institutions to have a holistic view of their clients’ financial assets while using the latest scraping technology. We’re currently building the benchmark in the OpenWealth industry, and so far we managed to have compatibility with over 250 national and international entities.
Thanks to our clients, we continue to grow at a fast pace. We have already more than 300,000 aggregated portfolios spread across nearly 250 entities and have positioned our business at break-even in less than a year. In August 2021, Flanks raised €2.3 million in an investment round led by JME Ventures and SeedRocket 4Founders Capital. And a significant €7.5 million in August 2023, demonstrating confidence in our vision and capabilities.
We are pioneers in our market in Spain, which will certainly grow a lot in the next few months and years. However, we are going to take a league leap in terms of the volumetry of the system, as our key focus now is to accelerate our market expansion in Europe and LatAm. And we would like to count on you to also grow (personally and professionally) with us.
Flanks’s values are:
- People first: To us, the most important thing is for “Flankers” to feel at ease, for them to get involved in a project and be feel part of the team.
- Keep growing: Our team believes that people growing in lockstep with the company is essential, both personally and professionally.
- Think twice, act once: We like to think about all the possible consequences before taking any decision that could affect the team or our clients.
If you’re looking to grow professionally, you’re passionate about cybersecurity and finance regulation... This is your opportunity!
About the role
You will be an IT Compliance Specialist in our company. You'll be responsible of IT compliance, being member of IT security and infrastructure team, participating in the design, implementation and maintenance of Flanks security policies and practices.
Examples of tasks you can expect to work on are:
- Understanding, maintaining, and improving actual security policies.
- Work in the design, plan, and execution of internal and external cybersecurity company objectives.
- Stay up-to-date with industry regulations impacting Flanks as a business.
- Support the Sales team with the customer compliance step of the sales cycle.
- Provider compliance and risk analysis.
Things we'd love to see on you
- You already have a few years of experience in similar roles. We're looking for someone with some lessons already learned.
- Experience in developing IT policies, procedures, and practices.
- Strong knowledge on security compliance, policy management, and frameworks.
- CISA, CISM, or CISSP certification is required.
- Fintech regulation knowledge will be a huge plus.
- You live in Barcelona City and/or are close enough to work at the office twice/three times a week.
- Living in Spain is a mandatory, non-negotiable requirement. Likewise, we can’t offer a relocation package and/or a working visa.
- You have working English and Spanish proficiency.
What can we offer
We offer what we think is fair compensation (from 35K to 45K € per year for this role). Our intention is to increase compensation as the company grows. You will not be left behind. We believe this is a really nice time to join the project. This is a full-time, permanent contract.
A non-exhaustive list of perks includes:
🏠 Office at 5 minutes from Plaça Espanya and Estació de Sants
🔆 Flexible working hours
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings (optional)
😎 Team building events (optional)
🙀 Personal holidays swap inside the same month
🏥 Health insurance options
💸 Flexible remuneration with Cobee (if applicable)
📚 Yearly training budget
The hiring process
This is how the usual hiring process looks like:
- You send us your resume, cover letter, etc.
- A chat with our CTO, where we’ll dive deeper into your background, your possible fit, and where you’ll have the opportunity to ask any sort of questions.
- We will send you a few questions and give you some time to think about them. Then, we’ll schedule a chat to go through them and discuss possibilities, approaches and tradeoffs.
- A meeting with our CEO.
- Optionally, any other meeting you, or we might need to clarify any pending questions.
- We send you an offer.
If you think you meet most of the criteria described above, don’t hesitate to send us your CV and/or cover letter. We will be happy to hear from you!
Flanks is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Flanks employee. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, or belief (if any), nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, or disability status.
10 - 50