We are on a quest to help people with collaborative economy, and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products. Our purpose is to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption.
Would you like to join the talented team that is crafting the system that makes this possible?
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters, and everybody can contribute in many different ways. We believe that we don't hire people to fit in a job description.
We hire people to find the best way to produce the most valuable work that they can do.
Each guild holds weekly technical meetings to discuss the state of the code, and decide what actions have to be taken in order to it continuing being maintainable, readable, and scalable.
With more than 8 million searches per day, more than 60k items sold per day and a catalog of several tens of millions of products, Wallapop is the biggest second-hand marketplace in Spain with more than 10 million unique visitors per month.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and proactive colleague to join us a an iOS Tech Lead
Our mobile experience is a priority for us. Some of the interesting things we are currently doing include using Swift and RxSwift for asynchrony; modularization and other techniques to reduce compile times; and evolve an app used by millions with several teams working on it at the same time.
The day to day involves
- Leading and collaborating on taking technical decisions with the team
- Working hand in hand with the team, like being involved with the product team and communicating with other wallapop Tech Leads
- Cooperating with Engineering Managers in order to offer learning & growth opportunities to the iOS team
- Proposing and implementing solutions regarding technical debt in efficiency terms. Be accountable for iOS technical backlog
- Helping with development of the new features and product improvements, in a secure, well-tested and performant way
- Working with Agile Methodologies like SCRUM and Kanban; Translating problems into actionable solutions that can be implemented by the team given the day to day restrictions/challenges
- Actively work on improving the hiring strategy and working together with the hiring team
- Being proactive and helping to get any problem solved. Pro-activity inside your team is the key to keep going further.
With a 6 years old code base and 8 iOS developers pushing code everyday to the same repository, we have quite a few challenges, and we're looking for someone that can work:
- Developing new features and maintain a more than 2M daily active users app, with a low crash session rate (99% crash free users)
- Facing a fast changing project. We are moving from a monolith app to a modularized one, which includes fun with CocoaPods, development pods and static libraries
- Rewriting remains of Objective-C (14%) into Swift, as Chris Lattner would be proud of
- Maintaining a clean architecture using different patterns, MVP, repository, coordinator, etc.
We are looking for someone with
- Positive and proactive attitude, excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Outstanding prioritization and delegation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, high adaptability and eager to learn
- Able to receive and provide feedback (both technical and people focused) effectively and in a constructive and emphatic manner
- Open minded team player with the capacity to work with different types of profiles beyond the iOS chapter and Engineering team
- Quality driven, attention to detail and pragmatic
- A sense of humor: We like having fun doing what we love :)
Are you ready to join wallapop? We are waiting for you!
- Flexible working hours
- Half/day Fridays
- A well defined Career Path
- Specialized training budget (2000€ per year)
- English/Spanish lessons
- Encouraging, fun and team-focused offsite trips twice a year
- Team building activities
- Free coffee, and free fresh fruit
- Private Health Insurance (Cigna)
- Gym discounts
- Weekly Yoga and Boxing classes in the office
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (kindergarten check, food check, transport check)
- You'll enjoy a 50% longer maternity/paternity leave
- Referral Program, charity donation
- Relocation package. International team (now 18 nationalities and counting)
- All-new, modern and inspirational office space, based in sunny Barcelona. Including rooftop!
Wallapop is a pure mobile marketplace that helps people find the best opportunities to buy and sell nice things nearby. But beyond that, what we really want to do is offer the best street trade experience to all our users around the world. In order to achieve this we are looking for some special people...
- - Amazing office space.
- - Apple or PC equipment of your choice.
- - Specialised training.
- - Health insurance.
- - Amazing offsites twice a year.
- - International team (now 10 nationalities) .
- - Help with apartment searches.