At Wallapop we are on a quest to help people with collaborative economy, and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products. Would you like to join the talented team that is crafting the system that makes this possible?
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters, and everybody can contribute in many different ways. We believe that we don't hire people to fit in a job description. We hire people to find the best way to produce the most valuable work that they can do. Each guild holds weekly technical meetings to discuss the state of the code, and decide what actions have to be taken in order to it continuing being maintainable, readable, and scalable.
With more than 8 million searches per day, more than 60k items sold per day and a catalog of several tens of millions of products, Wallapop is the biggest second-hand marketplace in Spain with more than 8 million unique visitors per month.
Our purpose is to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption.
Our company Values are:
- We are One Team: Respect, Transparency and Alignment.
- We Dream & Deliver: Creative & Innovative, Passion and Risk Taking.
- We Aim for Simplicity: User centricity and Focus on Essentials
- We Learn & Grow: Curiosity and Empowerment
We're looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, and open-minded colleague to join us.
You'll help us to build and improve the next generation of mobile classifieds. We’re looking for someone senior, but we do not like to measure it in years of experience. Instead, we like to think it depends more on what you want to achieve and your willingness to learn every day. Attitude first!
The day to day involves
- Writing Swift (and some Objective-C) code
- Developing new features following SOLID principles
- Tackling legacy parts, though the most part of the time we're developing new features
- Working with Agile Methodologies like SCRUM and Kanban
- Testing all the things! Testing is a must, especially if you want to avoid those friendly reminders during the code review
- Collaborating on taking technical decisions with the team
- Working hand in hand with your colleagues, like being involved with the design team and communicating with an Android folk
- Being proactive and helping to get any problem solved
With a 6 years old code base and 8 iOS developers pushing code everyday to the same repository, we have quite a few challenges, and we're looking for someone that can work:
- Developing new features and maintain a more than 2M daily active users app, with a low crash session rate (99% crash free users)
- Facing a fast changing project. We are moving from a monolith app to a modularised one, which includes fun with CocoaPods, development pods and static libraries
- Rewriting remains of Objective-C (14%) into Swift, as Chris Lattner would be proud of
- Being in a cross-functional (topic) team while being an active piece in the iOS team, where you ́ll be part of the decision taking
- Maintaining a clean architecture using different patterns, MVP, repository, coordinator, etc.
We are working with multiple technologies but the most important parts are:
- Snapshot Testing
Who you are
- Good attitude, positive, excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills ̣
- Quality driven, attention to detail and pragmatic ̣
- Excellent communication skills, adaptable and eager to learn
- A sense of humor: we like having fun doing what we love :)
- Flexible working hours
- Half/day Fridays
- A well defined Career Path
- Specialized training (2000€ per year)
- English/Spanish lessons
- Encouraging, fun and team-focused offsite trips twice a year
- Team building activities
- Free coffee, and free fresh fruit
- Private Health Insurance (Cigna)
- Gym discounts
- Weekly Yoga and Boxing classes in the office
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (kindergarten check, food check, transport check).
- You'll enjoy a 50% longer maternity/paternity leave
- Referral Program, charity donation
- Relocation package. International team (now 18 nationalities and counting)
- All-new, modern and inspirational office space, based in sunny Barcelona
Wallapop is a pure mobile marketplace that helps people find the best opportunities to buy and sell nice things nearby. But beyond that, what we really want to do is offer the best street trade experience to all our users around the world. In order to achieve this we are looking for some special people...
- - Amazing office space.
- - Apple or PC equipment of your choice.
- - Specialised training.
- - Health insurance.
- - Amazing offsites twice a year.
- - International team (now 10 nationalities) .
- - Help with apartment searches.