iOS Engineer (Swift) in Barcelona
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 350,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1000 Qontoers. We also made it to the Top 3 of LinkedIn Top Startups France!
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Diversity brings success. We actively recruit people from a range of backgrounds, employ inclusive hiring techniques; and work with our external partners to continually increase and improve our DEI initiatives. As a result, we obtained a rating of 89/100 in 2022 for the annual Index of professional equality and are happy to say that 44% of our teams are women.
The mobile engineering team at Qonto currently has over 70 highly skilled engineers distributed in cross-functional teams, who come from all over the world, working closely to shape the best business finance solution app.
👩💻🧑💻 As an iOS Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Build innovative financial features. You will work on critical features (both architecture and UI) for our end users.
• Collaborate with back-end teams, designers and product managers.
• Solve real-time synchronization challenges and work on new initiatives.
• Maintain a high level of quality by implementing continuous refactoring and unit testing to constantly improve the codebase.
• Help scale our iOS codebase while maintaining our strong engineering culture.
Our app is 100% written in Swift and based on MVP and Coordinators architecture. Our CI is composed of Gitlab, Firebase (distribution, Test Lab), Bitrise, and Sonar.
A high focus on tech quality is done :
• Using Clean Code / SOLID principles
• Investing effort on tests: +7000+ units tests, +500 UITests, Snapshot tests
• Following a component approach, using our design system.
Want to know more about the mobile team's performance indicator? Click 👉here 👈
🧠 What you could work on
As part of our Engineering department, you will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
💳 Cards: Build all the functionalities around Qonto credit cards. For example, the cards order flow, the cards settings screens, the insurance page.
✈️ Onboarding: Guide users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
💶 Spend Management: Build seamless workflows for employees to make payments and for finance teams to manage expenses.
💸 Get Paid: Create a simple and efficient invoicing tool to help our users get paid faster and easier while building a smooth relationship with their clients
🧮 Bookkeeping: Provide a Bookkeeping solution that saves our clients time while ensuring control over their accounting requirements (e.g. receipts, vat, accounting records)
🤔 What you can expect
• Work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
• Build and improve features used by 300K+ clients across Europe
• Learn and grow from other team members through expert coaching and mentorship
• Collaborate with other teams on tech challenges, spec reviews, brainstorming & problem-solving sessions
• Share knowledge among the whole tech and product team (internal and external conferences, weekly meetings, Tech Monthlies) and the community (articles, meetups…)
🤝 Your future Head of
Your Head of will be Guillaume, who is in charge of the Mobile team.
Coming from a Software Engineering background, Guillaume started to nurture his mobile practices +10 years ago. Over the past years, he worked in the music streaming industry and then on building a marketplace for homeowners and tradespeople for London-based startups before joining Qonto. After 6 months as an Android developer, he seized the opportunity to build and lead the mobile team.
What does he bring to the team?
Together with the Mobile leads, Guillaume continuously improves the team’s operating system to reduce waste, reach top quality in our product and grow team members towards proficiency.
• Experience: You already have experience as a mobile engineer with a background in iOS development lifecycle.
• Mastery: You have development experience in iOS and a good understanding of the iOS SDK.
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer interested in delivering value.
• Make an impact: You want to build a product that is used by thousands of users, in a fast-growing environment.
• Best Practices: You work in an organized manner with test coverage (XCTests, FBSnapshots), and other best practices.
• Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded developer.
• Team player: You have good communication skills, you know how to work within a team and you can easily work with non-technical colleagues.
• Languages: You are fluent in English.
If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, please don’t self-reject and just hit the button “Apply”!
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- A central fully-renovated building in Barcelona with WeWork services
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
All our benefits
- Flexible Remote Policy
- 23 days off + 5 Qonto days
- Alan (Seguro) health insurance, Moka Care to take care of your mental health and gym access with Urban Sports Club
- An Edenred lunch card: 100% covered
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 60+ nationalities) including access to Busuu to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
One last thing. We recently raised 486M€ in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
500 - 1,000