Schibsted Marketplaces empower the world’s economy and promote sustainability by enabling anyone to sell and everyone to buy, connecting people to new opportunities and great deals every day. Our goal is to provide fantastic value to all of our 30 million daily users across 22 countries, with effective and safe online classified ads.
Our 3000+ employees in Schibsted Marketplaces focus daily on solving real problems for our users. With leading generalist marketplaces across Europe, exciting growth companies in Latin America and Eastern Europe, and technology hubs in Barcelona, London, Oslo and Stockholm (to name a few), our teams balance local insight with global scale to develop innovative products and features on the leading edge of digital.
The Messaging team at Schibsted owns the software and infrastructure that sends over 4 million messages every day and serves millions of customers worldwide. Marketplaces from the Schibsted group all over the world use our infrastructure and integrate their applications using our SDKs to enable chat in their web sites. We are looking for a passionate iOS developer to join our team of more than 15 professionals from different areas such as UX, Product and Tech that work together to develop top-of-the-line software products.
Our technology stack includes Cocoa Touch, Swift, XMPP. Our engineering practices include CI, unit and UI testing.We develop software that is a key functionality to all marketplaces. We have thriving business problems to solve and interesting technical challenges including API/SDK building, scalability or DevOps.
- As iOS Software Engineer you will:
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team, and help to build a SDK for more than 15 apps and millions of users.
- Write clean/readable code using Swift and Cocoa design patterns.
- Interface with REST APIs and web services.
- Create compelling UI interfaces with UIKit, in particular Auto Layout.
- Manage persistence using Core Data.Help and contribute in the applications architecture definition.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality.
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritise and home features.
- Support diverse clients.
- Excellent experience in iOS development.
- Deep expertise in Swift/Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Deep expertise in Unit testing and UI testing.
- Previous development experience with C++ is appreciated.
- Experience with CI tooling like Travis
- Strong understanding of iOS performance, scalability, and implementation constraints.
- High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.
Adevinta company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.