At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at the centre of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is 35,000 – 42,000€ per annum, depending on experience.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, travelling to our offices when agreed with the team.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices - Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned product-aware iOS engineer to help us on our mission to reinvent the future of credit. We are searching for engineers who place the customer at the centre of everything, specifically looking at our service's design and quality.
We want to onboard someone excited by working on products in their very early stage, a self-starter with the ability to take on a range of challenging and intriguing challenges. You will be focusing on our app for iOS devices and helping our engineering team design the API and services that power Tymit's business. You will be involved in leveraging new applications and taking a pivotal role during design reviews sessions.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. If you are looking to join a fast-paced, energetic and passionate team with room for professional growth - Tymit may be an excellent fit for you!
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and considerate their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humour, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle to maintain and add additional functionalities for our iOS app.
- Demonstrate an architectural vision with the ability to collaborate and iterate on software design, working with the broader Engineering Team to set the standards for software engineering best practices.
- Participate in development life cycle activities such as design, coding, testing, and production release, delivering high-quality code in an agile team environment, and creating the best possible experience for our customers
- Learn the latest iOS development practices and tech, like SwiftUI and Combine, and how we use them at Tymit to build a truly scalable App.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Engineers and Designer to understand requirements, provide technical insights, and provide timescale estimations.
- Collaborate closely with the Design team to ensure that the UI and UX are market-leading.
- Work with the broader engineering team to enhance, document, and establish processes and improve the app's design and functionalities.
- Champion modern technologies and enforce the best development patterns and practices and promote these to the wider Team. What good practices will you be able to apply? Among others, pair programming, code reviews, Data Flow Architecture, refactoring and CI/CD.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
iOS team: in your day-to-day you will be working with technologies such as SwiftUI, Swift Package Manager, Combine, Firebase, Slack, Bitbucket, Jira, Xcode, Figma, Snapshot testing, Swift Format, Jenkins, and Fastlane.
Tymit tech team: we work with technologies such as Kotlin, SwiftUI, Swift, Java, Groovy, Grails, Quarkus, NodeJS, React, Python, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, ELK, Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- You have a huge will to learn new things and grow your skills in software engineering.
- You are a passionate, self-motivated engineer who has built various iOS apps.
- You have published an app of your own on the AppStore.
- You have a solid knowledge of Swift and Cocoa. Experience and knowledge of SwiftUI and Combine will be an extra point.
- You have a solid knowledge of multiple design patterns. Experience with functional programming will be an extra point.
- You are a great achiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have a business mindset. Plus, you enjoy solving problems whilst wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for FinTech.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video-call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with Jesús, Principal iOS Engineer. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
90 min. video-calL with Luciano, iOS Engineer and Toni, Senior iOS Engineer. Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit. No need to do a technical test, prepare an existing code you are proud of to share with us.
60 min. video-call with Nico, CTO and Co-Founder of Tymit. Understand the business future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users.If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.