We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our Barcelona Product and Engineering Team, extending and maintaining our our native iOS app for a growing user base. You’re passionate about the mobile, code quality, and like to work in an equally passionate team.
Our product team is multidisciplinary with design, mobile and web teams working together. You’re passionate about mobile apps, code quality, and like to face new challenges.
You will work with a group of fun and energetic engineers. We are very passionate about building highly scalable, reliable, available and high performance products.
Skills & Requirements
- You have completed a computer science or software engineering degree and have at least 5 years of demonstrable work experience
- Strong mobile development experience using Swift with Xcode for iOS
- The position is in-house at our Barcelona office. You would need a valid work permit as we cannot sponsor visas. We can help with relocation assistance though!
- You’re a team player and work well with other teams in the company such as product/design
- Your code is well structured, documented and tested
- You are meticulous about design and user experience because you want to deliver the best service to your customers
- You are used to different agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban/XP and you are also comfortable with evolving processes
- You know how to use version control systems, such as Mercurial/Git and are familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- You know how to use Unix systems and command line tools
- You love new challenges and are eager to solve new problems
- You have an interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, UI, algorithms, optimization, automation, etc.)
- Great level of written and spoken English (our Engineering Team is in Barcelona but we work in English)
- You love dogs!
Big plus are
- Knowledge/interest in learning Android development
- Participation in Open Source projects
What are we offering
- Work on a product that matters. One of the best 2017 apps by Apple.
- Competitive salary commensurate with your experience
- Opportunity to deliver your best work, positively impacting thousands of dog owners, sitters and dogs!
- Solid team where everyone’s perspective counts
- Bi-monthly 24h Hackathon!
- Dog (and human) friendly office!
- Private health insurance
- Weekly company breakfast
- Bi-monthly social outing
- Employee discounts on DogBuddy (as a dog owner or dog sitter)