Tiqets is one of the fastest-growing tech startups in the Netherlands, and we’re hiring!
Note: We're also looking for Android developers!
Who are we?
Tiqets revolutionises the way people buy tickets to culture and attractions in cities all over the world. Our technology allows users to easily browse and book tickets to the best attractions in seconds, meaning customers can enter museums, zoos, theme parks and more simply by showing their smartphones.
Check out our current iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1212818451. We'd like to think it's pretty good, but we think it can be excellent. As an iOS engineer you will be part of our development team, and you will help build the best tickets iOS app there can be. The development process is a team effort, you work closely together with product managers, design, UX and other (app) engineers. You like to work in an agile way; from idea to deployment can take a few hours to a couple of weeks. You like getting things done fast, but in a smart and future proof way.
- Develop new features for the Tiqets iOS app both on UI and Swift code
- Participate in the full development life cycle, i.e. gathering requirements, designing new functionality, writing tests, documentation
- Maintain the current code base (Swift), perform bug fixes and improvements
- Integrate internal and external APIs and libraries to extend functionality and connect services
- Work together with other iOS and Android developers to achieve a great and consistent user experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years professional experience in iOS app development
- Experience with working in an agile product development environment, including experience with Unit Testing, Functional Testing in a Continuous Integration cycle
- Experience as a polyglot programmer
- Experience with (relational) databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL
- You can communicate effectively and translate requirements into well designed technical solutions
- You live within reasonable commuting distance from Amsterdam
- Experience with Swift, and RxSwift
- Experience with app back-end API development
- Experience in travel, ticketing or e-commerce in general
- Experience with Android development
- Experience with parts of our back-end technology stack like Python, REST API's, PostgreSQL, Amazon AWS
What we offer
- Working at the fastest growing startup in the Netherlands with an informal atmosphere
- To work in a great office in Amsterdam with a global team from all over the world with offices in New York, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Rome
- Development machine of choice; access to any test device you need
- Daily lunch, good coffee, regular sporting activities, drinks and learning sessions, and much more
- A personal 20% discount code for all the tickets you order with us!
Get in touch
Are you the iOS engineer we’re looking for? Apply via the application form on our website. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Are you representing an agency? Thank you for your interest in our job offer but we do not need external help to fill our roles.