XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
We are looking for a new team member interested in working on the heartbeat of the native XING iOS app.
The XING iOS Platform team takes care of the vital elements & foundations of the whole XING iOS app with topics covering architecture, performance, and communication with other teams.
We adapt and optimize our app to new versions of iOS and new devices, keep a holistic view, drive changes that impact all contributing teams and consult with our expertise. We offer intriguing work on challenging problems on a codebase that spans from Objective-C to SwiftUI.
A challenging task
- Work inside a cross-functional agile team, closely cooperating with test engineers, product owners, scrum masters and other stakeholders
- Contribute throughout the entire product development lifecycle: from product planning to releasing to production and monitoring the live environments
- You'll help us improve our development and delivery process and influence the technical direction of the team. You'll also have ample opportunity to impress us with your ideas and help us shape our product.
- Be part of the overall XING Community of iOS developers, sharing best practices as well as knowledge and code to the main XING application
- You'll play an active part in shaping our product!
A convincing background
You are a motivated and experienced engineer
You possess good communication skills and can present new foundational technologies to a community of 30+ engineers
You have profound knowledge of the iOS SDK and Swift.
You are curious and constantly evolving with the technology trends, willing to embrace change.
You are interested in working more with SwiftUI & Combine and shaping their introduction into a codebase.
You are not afraid of working on a large codebase that grew over time: You should have a vague understanding of Objective-C (mostly to understand it enough to rewrite parts in Swift)
You'll ensure the delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and doing pair programming, unit testing, UI automation, code reviews, etc.
You can be pragmatic
You speak and write proficient English in a working environment (German language not required).
Ideally you have published your own app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published blog posts. If so, please include those in your application.
- You must be elegible to work in the European Union, the Company will not sponsor Visas or Work Permits
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- Mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets/Pension
- Extended holidays (26+4+2)
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!