Organizational Setting & Work Environment
Nuvolar is a technology services company that is specialized in building cloud-based applications for both business and consumer markets. We launched our business in 2008 and are constantly growing since then. Our headquarters are located in city centre of Barcelona, Spain. Our clients are Software-As-A-Service (SaaS) companies or cloud-based businesses around the globe that outsource part or all of their platform development to us. We love cloud development!
At Nuvolar we strongly believe that our people are our strongest asset and we live up to this. We seek long term employment with our employees and try to give them all the possible support to perform an outstanding job. We all share the same space, learn from each other, have lunch together and get inspired from each other. And it's a lot more fun!
You will be part of a project related with Private/Business Aviation, working on an app used daily by thousands of pilots. You will be responsible for implementing features that will transform the way these pilots work. You will have the opportunity to create a game changer app for the aviation industry!
The position of iOS Developer reports to the Head of our Mobile Department. The Developer develops, tests and maintains mobile applications. This role will participate in the investigation, evaluation, selection, and implementation of different solutions for both application and infrastructure technologies. All this by having fun!
Functions / Key Results expected
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in Objective C (iOS) programming
- MVC & MVVM (or other design patterns).
- Databases: sqlite and CoreData.
- Writing unit tests. TDD is considered an asset.
- Source control (Git).
- Using Instruments to debug and improve performance of the application is an asset.
Will be a plus if you have:
- Knowledge/experience in Android programming
- Working with MapKit
Education & Skills
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field OR demonstrated work experience in lieu.
- Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Sensitivity and willingness to understand end-user needs and requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
Compensation and Benefits - What we offer to you?
- Attractive salary and permanent contract.
- Possibility to grow within a company.
- State of the art work equipment.
- Flexible working hours (enter between 8:30-10:30, leave between 17:30-19:30).
- Ever learning and creative work environment.
- International Environment. Respect, diversity & a lot of fun.
- Social events and Team Activities.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Food & Drinks in the office.
- Learning Activities & Trainings.
Nuvolar Works is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, color, disability, national origin, race or religion.