At Ocado Technology we design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. Beyond this, we are putting the world’s retailers online, including Morrisons (UK), Kroger (USA), Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada) and ICA (Sweden). We provide an entire platform from mobile apps, website, fulfillment (automated warehouses, store pick solutions), back-office systems to delivery solutions, all crafted by our passionate team of software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona, working closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world. We use Java to deliver our projects, AWS for all our deployments and GCP for data and Machine Learning. We embrace Agile development techniques, running our projects on Scrum or Kanban. Alongside the ownership and ongoing development of all new functionality, there is particular focus on performance, scalability and maintainability.
We pride ourselves on the following core values: Trust, Collaboration, Autonomy, Learn Fast & Craftsmanship.
We are looking for a dedicated iOS Developer to join our cross-functional agile team as we continue to push the boundaries of online shopping.
Our mobile development team creates our suite of mobile apps for iOS and android that now generates over 40% of our weekly orders. Our iOS app was one of the first transactional shopping apps in the world, and has won industry awards, with features such as the ability to shop offline. It has been featured on apple TV advertising and is regularly featured in the Apple App Store. As the percentage of weekly orders taken on mobile is growing significantly day by day, it is backed by major new projects within the team, completely redefining what it means to shop for groceries on a mobile phone or tablet.
Skills and Experience
- Licenciado o Titulo de Ingeniero en Ingenieria Informatica o Tecnologias de la Informacion (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
- Good spoken and written English
- Strong programming and object-oriented design skills
- An iOS expert, with extensive knowledge of ObjectiveC, and some exposure to Swift
- Extensive experience working on published Appstore apps
- Pragmatic, but with a keen eye for detail
- A flexibility and willingness to work on iOS client or our back-end Java stack
- Passion and understanding for TDD
Nice to have
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- An understanding and some experience of Agile software development
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- A mastery of git!
What We Can Offer You:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment (phew!) where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly drinks events
- Table football
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We growing rapidly making it a very exciting time to join!
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.