Behind the public face, we write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in the operation has been carefully crafted by our large team of talented software engineers. We are constantly pushing the limits of what our technology can do. To accelerate this work, we are expanding our development team and building a new world-class development centre in Barcelona Spain. We are a rapidly expanding development team, backed by an established tech company from the UK. We plan to grow this new development centre to 200 people over the next 3 years and that's based on our existing growth curve and conservative growth estimates (rather than the potential growth of a startup!)
As our business evolves, we are writing a next generation, cloud based grocery platform, Ocado Smart Platform, which will be used to run Ocado, Morrisons and many other international retailers in the future. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide range of technology, with some exceptionally smart people, to create an unrivalled platform.
Our mobile development team creates our suite of mobile apps for iOS and android that now generates over 40% of our weekly orders. Our iOS app was one of the first transactional shopping apps in the world, and has won industry awards, with features such as the ability to shop offline. It has been featured on apple TV advertising and is regularly featured in the Apple App Store. As the percentage of weekly orders taken on mobile is growing significantly day by day, it is backed by major new projects within the team, completely redefining what it means to shop for groceries on a mobile phone or tablet.
We are looking for a dedicated Senior iOS Developer to join our cross-functional agile team as we continue the development of this technically challenging and ever-evolving suite of apps.
Skills and Experience
- Licenciado o Titulo de Ingeniero en Ingenieria Informatica o Tecnologias de la Informacion (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
- Good spoken and written English
- Strong programming and object-oriented design skills
- An iOS expert, with extensive knowledge of ObjectiveC, and some exposure to Swift
- Extensive experience working on published Appstore apps
- Pragmatic, but with a keen eye for detail
- A flexibility and willingness to work on iOS client or our back-end Java stack
- Passion and understanding for TDD
Nice to have
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- An understanding and some experience of Agile software development
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- A mastery of git!
- Flexible working hours
- Developer Exchange program: a 2 - 3 week exchange giving you the opportunity to work at one of our overseas development centres
- Both in house and external training programs
- A selection of snacks, tea and coffee and fresh fruit
- Monthly drinks events to find out what’s happening in the rest of the business, and to meet and relax with your colleagues
- Team building activities
- Relaxed dress code
Over the next few months we’ll be moving into new offices in Barcelona, and building up our portfolio of benefits and rewards. We are just getting going, which will make it a very exciting time to join! Being part of our growing team you will soon enjoy the following additional benefits:
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Amazing office space
- Table football table
- Language courses
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Due to the fast paced nature of our business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.