Visca Web’s passionate team of developers is behind the popular Futebol.com and Marcadores.com brands. Our upcoming iOS native application will enable iPhone users to fully experience the features of the product: real-time results for 9 different sports and predictions contest with prizes to win.
The development of the first version of the application has been carried out by an external partner and is nearing completion. We want to bring the next steps of our mobile development in-house and we are looking for an iOS enthusiast and experienced developer to join our team in Barcelona, Spain.
As iOS Developer in the Marcadores.com mobile application team, you will have the objective to constantly improve the application and also add new features to it.
The existing code will need to be rewritten (with Swift), constantly adjusted and improved. The application will need to stay robust and stable as traffic and user-base grow.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Contribute to the launch of the first version of the application
- Constantly improve the quality of the code, rewrite parts of it, introducing Swift (the current app is based on Objective C)
- Implement new functionalities (in collaboration with the backend team who develops the API)
- Fix bugs reported by users
- Suggest improvements on development and usage
- Later, you may work on the watch version of the application.
We understand that to make great apps, you need great tools. Our IDE are the latest stable versions of Xcode and AppCode. When debugging use sometimes Charles to hack the API. FauxPas provides us automatic code review. Talking about API, we also use Paw when we need to test it.
We love continuous integration and continuous deployment. We use Bitrise to take care of building and deploying. We also love GitHub, which we use with the GitHub flow, working with pull requests.
We collaborate in English with JIRA and Slack is our favorite tool for team and direct messaging along with the odd GIF.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ year of building complex app for iOS using Objective-C and Swift
- Passion for iOS best practices and design patterns
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Recent experience working with REST API
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
- Knowledge of GIT and GitFlow
- Attention to detail
- Ability to discuss technical subjects with your colleagues in English
- (bonus) Interest in sports
- (bonus) Knowledge and experience working with real-time data (push)
- (bonus) Experience with UI testing.
About Visca Web
The thing we all have in common in the team is a real passion for producing clean and quality code, creating great experiences for our users and having fun along the way.
We believe that the team is at the heart of the success of any project. We champion a stimulating work environment where respect, initiative, synergy, collaboration and exchange are valued.
We organize a monthly technical meeting to discuss specific topics of interest to the team (http://www.viscaweb.com/meetings). We enjoy taking part inlocal events/talks, conferences and to contribute to the open source community on GitHub.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!