We are looking for Interns with Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Geoinformatics and Civil Engineering backgrounds who love to solve spatial problems and can leverage their personal experience to grow our team. If outstanding technical opportunities interest you, you should consider this position. We are interested in universal engineers who like to solve original problems with simple solutions.
What you will do:
- At Tunnll we need our digital maps to be as accurate as possible, which means that streets, roads, foot paths, buildings and POIs are all present on the map. This means manual and automatic geographical data processing: acquiring, analyzing, refining and improving the spatial data.
- Data acquisition: by using manual tools like QGIS, automatic tools like Turf, TileReduceand OpenStreetMap QA and hi-res satellite imagery data (we are supported by the European Space Agency and by the Copernicus program), the GIS engineer is expected to create an accurate digital representation of any urban area.
- Data analysis, refinement and improvement: by using simple tools like JOSM and QGIS and advanced utilities like osm2postgresql the GIS engineer will ensure that the digital representation of any urban area stored in a PostGIS-enabled PostgreSQL database is up to date.
- Deployment, maintenance and administration of spatial databases with Docker in cloud services like Azure, Amazon and Google Cloud Services.
Studies in Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Geoinformatics, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or other related fields;
Studies in Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Geoinformatics, Civil Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent is preferred and BSc is required;
You should demonstrate a completed, delivered, shipped and live online/mobile application that contains a digital map which you have developed or have helped to develop.
- English language
- Understanding of how remote and distributed teams are organized and how they are different from co-located teams
- Business communication proficiency in a remote and distributed working environment
How to apply
As per the http://careers.tunnll.com/general-internship-requirements/, you can start your internship by simply sending your first email report. The first email report confirms your internship and records the start date of the internship.