The rapid growth of Dealroom.co requires a keen and curious Innovation Analyst who is equipped to use our database to deliver insights and reports on request of our clients. You’re genuinely interested in innovation, technology trends or the Start-up & Scale-up environment, and are eager to provide meaningful content in support of our community.
As part of the Research-team your primary objective is to derive original, creative and solid insights from the database; containing intelligence about startups, innovation and venture capital investment. You’re experienced in using large amounts of data to explore, analyse, and showcase the performance characteristics of innovative companies. Either by delivering influential reports or solid and eye-catching taglines. Through using MsSQL databases, and Tableau or PowerBI for analysis and reporting.
Within the bandwidth of your interest or experience you can focus on becoming an authority within specific Industry or Technology segments. Allowing you to contribute to enhancing our dataset within the definition of our data strategy, though stretching and challenging this definition continuously.
If you are a keen, concise and a no-nonsense individual, with exceptional commercial skills, a good understanding of technology and a proactive mindset, please read further!
Dealroom is Europe’s leading provider of startup data & insights. The Dealroom software, database and research enables Venture Capital Firms, Corperates, Advisory firms and Governments to stay at the forefront of innovation, discover promising companies and identify strategic opportunities.
Our core products are:
1/ The Dealroom SaaS platform that offers an intuitive interface to identify and track promising startups and analyse broader industry/business model trends.
2/ The Dealroom API, enabling our clients to integrate Dealroom data straight into their own applications and processes.
3/ Custom research projects in which we combine Dealroom data with expert insights. The scope of these projects range from market scans and industry deep-dives to high-level analyses of trends on startups, employment and venture capital.
4/ Dealroom Ecosystem Solutions, that provide an open (and
crowdsourced) platform to support local governments, founders and
investors to keep track of activity in their local tech ecosystem,
showcase it to the world and foster networking. For example in Berlin, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
Among our clients are world-leading firms including Mckinsey, BCG, Deloitte, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, Insight VP, Balderton Capital, EQT and many others that rely on Dealroom Data as part of their strategic decision-making.
We operate from the heart of Amsterdam. We’re passionate about everything that is happening around technology, start-ups and scale-ups, and aim to capture this in actionable data points for our users. Our company culture is ambitious, diligent and proactive, but also fun and playful including weekly team drinks.
The Innovation Analyst will:
- Take responsibility for market unique and influential content for reports, posts or presentations
- Analyse our database, and external sources and generate noteworthy insights and trends
- Contribute to the quarterly content and research objectives, and the outline of our annual content strategy
- Work with Tableau and other BI-tools to deliver upon your responsibilities
- Work closely with Partnerships and Customer Success Teams to engage with customers in delivering influential content
- Become the authority, internally and externally, for specific technology or industry segments.
- Work closely with Development, Product management and the Data teams to bring our platform and processes to the next level
- Use customer feedback and usage analytics to improve our automated interaction processes
Who you are / Background
- Up to 3 years work experience within data science, or within the Venture Capital or Private Equity domain.
- You comfortable creating content
- Proven experience working with BI and Data Analysis tools (PowerBI, Tableau, R, Python)
- You have a passion for technology, startups and venture capital markets.
- You have a structured way of working and don’t lose sight of the important details.
- You’re always looking for ways to optimise and automate repetitive support processes to free up time (Machine Learning)
- Comfortable with working in a multicultural and fast-growing start-up work environment
- Self-motivated, detailed, ability to prioritize, proactive and ambitious
- EU citizenship or already in the possession of a Dutch working permit
- Fluent in English. Any additional European language is a big advantage
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- Freedom and responsibility to execute on your own ideas
- Ambitious, energetic and data-driven colleagues and customers that are the forefront of innovation and technology.
- Training on the job to improve your SaaS knowledge plus an extensive training budget
- A daily office lunch and many more perks upcoming
- Travel reimbursement