Duco is a fast-growth technology company. Businesses in the digital economy succeed or fail based on their ability to deal with masses of data and complexity quickly and efficiently. Duco’s mission is simple: to make managing data easy.
Since launching Duco Cube, we have grown revenue >100% year on year. How? By focusing relentlessly on the end-user and marrying up cutting edge Computer Science with a laser focus on service and usability.
We are the market leader in self-service data reconciliation today, with ambitions to become the world’s leading company for data prep: the gatekeepers to a world of analytics and machine-learning enabled businesses.
Your job is to build out and expand this award-winning technology platform. You will be:
- Smart, focused and hungry for uptime
- Experienced in operating a complex, distributed, hosted platform
- Interested in sophisticated monitoring and performance analysis
- Comfortable with complex configuration management challenges
- Inclined to automate any error-prone procedures
- Eager to facilitate continuous build and delivery
- Confident to deal with production issues
- Capable of dealing with complex networking requirements
- Comfortable in the Agile and DevOps mind sets
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Keep the service up and running smoothly at all times!
- Help improve the build and deploy processes
- Help to administer all internal tools and services (Atlassian stack, DNS, etc.)
- Perform service rollouts
- Rotation based on call
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Strong knowledge of Ubuntu Linux administration
- Relational database administration and SQL scripting
- Version control with Git
- Configuration management automation experience, using one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.
- Strong handle on Bash command line and scripting or programming experience (Ruby, Python, Perl etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of virtualisation (VMWare, Xen, KVM etc.)
- Strong networking skills and firewall management
- A Computer Science degree
- Working knowledge of security standards, such as ISO27001/SOC2
- Experience and understanding on Software Defined Networking
- Experience with digital transformation projects and managing Hybrid Cloud
- In-depth knowledge of public cloud administration and best practices. (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of containerisation technologies (docker, kubernetes, marathon)
- Competitive base salary
- Pension contribution
- Participation in the company bonus pool, based on company revenue targets
You will be subject to reference checks and formal background checks before you are employed, as we handle highly sensitive data!